Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Question about Horton dial a range >

Question about Horton dial a range

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Question about Horton dial a range

Old 07-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default Question about Horton dial a range

A friend of mine bought a Horton Legend and I was helping him set his scope, I noticed that you could move his scope up and down and horizonal does all this play keep your scope off zero.
My Excalibur scope is tight and never gets off.
Martinfaw

Old 07-01-2006, 11:31 PM

Default RE: Question about Horton dial a range

I never use my dial a range because I only like taking close range shots. But the little I did use it it worked fine and now I leave it on the 0 or 1 setting and have never had a problem with it moving my zero.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:15 AM

I have probably sold at least a dozen Hortons, and that dial-a- range has been a problem with all of them, they seem to want to move on their own after a number of shots. I tell them to keep it all the way down and check to see that it has not moved....I hope Horton has improved that device. The last twoLegends I sold had triggers that were 10 to 12lbs, hopefullythey have improved on these also...........
Old 07-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks jaygail, I have a barnett revolution with the dial a range and i could not keep the scope set untill I locked everything down with JB weld,
I lined up the holes so i could still take the mount offand glued the mount, it has not moved in 3 years now.
Can we do this with the horton and still be able to take the mount off if
necessary.
No they have not helped the trigger, no creep you just pull like h-- and hope it goes off on the target.
Can you use a flat nock on this bow.

Martinfaw
Old 07-02-2006, 11:49 PM

Sold mine because of "dail-a-range" . Great idea ,,, needs to be made with better material .
Old 07-03-2006, 03:43 PM

I just tell my customers to check it after a few shots, and to make sure it is all the way down before hunting.....I quess you could try the weld number, making sure you don't interfere with the trigger.I had trouble with the Barnetts scopes backing off the 22 rail. I drilled and tapped a small screw into the rail(like most expensive airguns have)behind the scope to prevent it from working it's way off. I see this year they make a device that mounts over the 3/8 rail that converts it to 7/8 Weaver rail and it mounts with at least 3 screws, hopefully this fixes that problem.....I do not understand why some of these companies cannot make a decent trigger, Excalibur could make a few dollars selling their triggers to the rest of these companies.......
Old 07-03-2006, 03:55 PM

Yes, by the way you can use a flat nock. I prefer the flat nocks, because they are always firmly up against the string, un-like the moon nocks which could be riding on the high spot, coming close to having a gap between the string and the bolt(not something I want to happen on a regular basis, and not promoting a high degree of accuracy). I want the bolt to be pushed the same way every time, I do not think you can do that with the moon nocks.......
Old 07-03-2006, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: jaygail7

I do not understand why some of these companies cannot make a decent trigger, Excalibur could make a few dollars selling their triggers to the rest of these companies.......
If you sell Hortons you should know that most of them come with the Talon triger. I know the old horton had a hard trigger on them but horton has been selling the talon on its CB for the last couple of years and this year I think all but the entry level have them, mainly the steelforce. Are you selling new hortons or do you have old stock?
Old 07-03-2006, 04:21 PM

Old 07-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell y'all nicely have to fix that problem! Buy an Excalibur Vixen or Phoenix and its so easy![8D][8D][8D]cha ching!

Quick Reply: Question about Horton dial a range

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.