Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 I figured it out....Carbon vs. Aluminium >

I figured it out....Carbon vs. Aluminium

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I figured it out....Carbon vs. Aluminium

Old 07-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I figured it out....Carbon vs. Aluminium

After a few days spent shooting aluminium arrows I see why I prefer the carbons.They both fly the same for me, but I just can't seem to pull the aluminiums out of a fresh target without bending them. Anyone use one of those arrow pullers? Either the screw in the end ones or the wrap arounds? A Yote was in the backyard this AM. He did not wait around long. Will be watching for his return>>>>>>>>>>> >>>Whack!!!!Not that I would stick the beast out of season. That just would not be right.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I figured it out....Carbon vs. Aluminium

Best $11.00 I've spent, made by Danny Miller 740 483-2312.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Are you shooting broadheads or field points ? The type of target you have may also be the greater share of the problem . I shoot aluminums exclusively into a 3-D deer target and I have no problem with Bheads or field points .
Old 07-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some field points and a few broadheads. Of course no problems with the bags and field points but a fresh 3D deer seems I gotta wrestle them out. Not that the aluminium are any tougher to pull, they just don't like the wrestling match as much as the carbons. Neat looking puller Dan butsit jaws seem harsh?
Old 07-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Planter: The jaws are lined w/ soft plastic tubing, don't leave so much as a mark on even my "tarted up shafts" w/ wraps lol. They work well even if you have to grab behind the vanes. There are even ribs on the plastic, class piece of machinery.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I just spray my carbons and aluninums with silicone. In foam targets the shafts melt the target material. Gold Tip tells me to spray the shaft with Pam. Anyways, there were times when shooting too close the the target, I had to tip the target over and stand on it the pull the arrows out. Silicone makes a huge difference. If I had to guess Planter's aluninum shafts are heavier so they melt more foam.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

holy crap i know!!!! i shoot 2219 carbons out of my horton and being the deadly stud i am with my horton i figured i'd be cool and shoot my deer foam target in the eye . haha bad mistake on my part. i had to cut off half it's eye area to get it out! never shot that target with the xbow again! i shoot bags exclusively
Old 07-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hehehe don't you just hate it when a seemingly good idea looks like a retarded one in retrospect???? LOL
Old 07-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had problems w/ a major name brand target, took me and two buds to pull carbon LII's out. The company advertised a 5 year old removing arrows, which was indeed true, as long as they were aluminum or other brands of carbons besides Gold Tip. Dang, I just loved that target, which was good for b-heads or field tips, just had too many GT LII's to switch to some thing else. Now, I'm using McKenzie's, orange colored, works great w/ both.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

To da squirrel 2219's that are carbon? Or did ya put the wrong word in dare, be they alum.?[:-][]

Quick Reply: I figured it out....Carbon vs. Aluminium

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.