Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why Wheels?

Old 06-30-2006, 06:19 PM

Default RE: Why Wheels?

Hey don you sound like my wife! shes the only one that gets away with calling me "JAY" LOL. Hey no punt intended I have been laying back for awhile and noticed i has some gas and decided to throw it on the fire!! People say the wheels are more maint. but I honestly used my old horton for twelve years and the only thing I ever did was change the string once! And now its in its 14 year since my dad now uses it and still shoots like a dream. The only reason I bought my super max was the itch to buy a new CB! And yes SMOKEPOLEHALL I have shot threw the crony alot! Local proshop has one that he lets the regulars use for free and my one friend that I do most of my hand load work ups with has a real nice one that I get to use unlimited, so yes my numbers are hard and not magazine numbers.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jason, I was trying to get Jaygail's attention, who by the way is a nut but a knowlegable nut on compounds. Good guy but still nutty. Maybe just Alzheimers but who knows, maybe not taking his meds. It feels like some things missing here! LOL. No I was not calling you Jay.
In respect to wheel xbows I truly (not bashing and may be wrong) feel that if you are an arrow junkie like the long lost and respected Squirrel you'd be better off with a recurve. That is unless you are maintenace minded and don't mind a bit of fiddling. I own a compound and a recurve and understand that there is little maintenance to my recurve and more in my compound.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: Scuse me, but what the HE double L are you talking about?? You mentioned me and I don't have a clue what you meant. LOL Know there was some humor or fun type jibes there somewhere, but
Dang, I missed your point. Are you going to come to America for the Great HNI Xbowers Meet, or did you spend all yer $ on sending the Mrs. and kids to France???
Old 06-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn. My initial post was well intentioned and my joke about the old ball and chainwas just said in fun. I got an Excalibur because it fit my price range and got pretty good reviews. It is wider than I like (the bow not my wife) but I haveonly once shot a deer bow in hand creeping.I did not even take wheels into account. I like my bow and don't really care about a few fps either way because I know when push comes to shove it's not the equipment, it's the hunter. A good pool shooter can use any stick and I would guess within reason any bow discussed here will whack them pretty well.I can't see 30 yds in the woods here so I am not really worried about shooting to much past that. I guess I am just gonna have to humble you in the Hunting contest.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:57 PM

Hey Planter, no harm here, As I told Don I just had some extra gas and felt like throwing it in, this group is the best and hunting net is on the top of my list! Its kinda fun watching you guys debate the recurve and wheels, well most of the time![8D] And like you said Don you are probally right about the tree rat. I only shoot a little bit before season and once, maybe twice during the season if I am lucky! No harm here guys, its all fun!!
Old 07-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Hotburn , who said I have an Excalibur ?
My bows are a Barnett Ranger straight prod and a no name recurve . Both are more than fast enough at 215 and 235 respectively to drop any deer ,and simple enough to keep maintainence to a minimum . If you like wheel bows then more power to ya , I just don't care for overly complicated gear personally .
Old 07-01-2006, 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Hotburn , who said I have an Excalibur ?
I do not know mullet man. But I would find out who quoted YOU ashaving anexcal and deal with them swifty before it gets out a hand. If your being serious maybe a little to much of the Business in front is taking over the back!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Dnk: Scuse me, but what the HE double L are you talking about?? You mentioned me and I don't have a clue what you meant. LOL Know there was some humor or fun type jibes there somewhere, but
Dang, I missed your point. Are you going to come to America for the Great HNI Xbowers Meet, or did you spend all yer $ on sending the Mrs. and kids to France???
Dan, I was just giving you the gears because you use the most abreviations, no harm intended.
As far as the meet goes, I wish I could but its not easy to because I own and run a business and its difficult and costly to go away. You know I want to. I can split for a few days but only when its slow (usually during January and February. Of course I take a week off in November but I figure it costs me about 8 thousand dollars. If you guys do it in late August there is a small chance because it gets slow on occasion but I do not want to make any promises.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk: $8000 a WEEK???? Holy Frijole's!!! I'm coming up there!!! Get a bunch of ribeyes and Canadian Club, figure ya already got the ole Mooseheads Eh??? I'll bring my Excals, but try to get the ribeyes in the States, as I'm skeered of that mad cow disease. Oh, heck, if you get the juice, I'll bring the meat!!! LOL Any chance ya need some help? Je suis parlez une peu francais, mon frere!!!
Old 07-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

HIjack! 8 grand ina week, i make that in 6 months. Maybe you can adopt me! Not fer the year but fer this shin dig awshucks is crowing about. I don't drink any hard stuff so i am cheap.One steaK and beer and veggies. Hey 80 days and deer season opens!

Quick Reply: Why Wheels?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.