Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite >

Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite

Old 06-25-2006, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite

I clicked on the Union Jack!! All my frail mind could picture was Smoke sitting on a bridge picking away. He did get the genes that determine good Xbow choices if nothing else. Oh Yeah. He cyphers better than I do to. All that learning with just a piece of slate and a chunk of chalk. I did take my first handfull of shots with an 10pt. I think if I had gotten that instead ofthe better bow I would have been just as pleased. Nice and tight on the axle to axle and does seem a bit quieter althought the trigger was like pulling up an anchor. Rock ON....
Old 06-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

ok the trigger pull on my ProElite is the same as your ExCals 31/2 lbs and if you are trying to say that someone wanting a safety oriented crossbow is stupid then thats an opinion. and your entilted to it.. I have read numerous post where your famed Excaliburs have been dryfired and had to have limbs replaced. not because the person was stupid or anything like that just made an oversight. and yes excal has won more championships,, what does that mean to me as a hunter nada just that Excal hires the better proshooters, would be willing to bet before long that changes it has already started too.. TenPoints are winning more and more all the time.
Smoke I am glad you are shooting the Bow of your choice rock on with it.. and I am shooting the bow of my choice, but unlike you I would not give anyone any grief for buying an Excalibur, I would offer to help them with any info I could offer.. sounds like Dougk reserched his choices and made a decision based on that,, sounds pretty smart to me..
Have you ever shot any of the TenPoints?? I have shoot the Excaliburs, if I had it to do over again I would still chose the TenPoint I think its the better bow my second choice would be the ExCal.. if I could not get a TenPoint.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Dan I went to the site you posted a link to seams kind bias wouldnt you say?? just from their fron page pretty much tells you they are pro Excalibur..and every page I checked guess waht more Excals.. and there is a recurve crossbowthat Excalibur cannot claim to be a good as andthata Robin Allen ,, but they too are pricy..

Old 06-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Different things enter into it for different people,I actually like the Exocet best but because of advanced arthritis in a busted shoulder injury I shoot a 10 Point, because while the add maintaince is a pain, I have to have a really good safe cocking mechanism and the 10 point is far and away the best when you have to do it one handed. Lee
Old 06-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Htoler: glad you went there. They are in Italy. Did you read the part about compounds being History?? Not totaly accurate was it?? Funny though how they seemed to home in on the recurves and we can all agree that Excal is the king of them. Can't we?? They seemed to come to that same conclusion and don't have a "dog in this fight" You have to remember that the European countries have always been crossbow orientated. I just found a site that has Excal's Phoenix for $379. That's gonna leave a mark!!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

I will have to agree that so far as mass produced recurve Crossbows go ExCals are the best..
post a link to the site I sure there are a lot of people that would like to get a good deal on a Pheonix..
but even if you could find a Pheonix or any of the ExCals for even under $200.00 it still would not change my mind and get me to say its the best.. my opinion will remain the same for my own reasons ,,

ExCals are great crossbows. but they are not the right choice for everyone..
Old 06-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Lee what added maintenance have you had to do to your TenPoint?? that dosent have to be done to any other crossbow??
Old 06-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Htoler: Do you not think that 10 pts are "mass produced"???

Old 06-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

that post was not ment to say they werent,, I was thinkin more of a Robin Allen recurve..
Old 06-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i didn't knowed i was putting grief on anyone htoler! Is it you by chance? I knowed you be a staunch 10 pt. man as i am an Excal freak and thats our choice. Did you read where i said shoot all xbows and make up yer own mind? Do ya notice i don't push the big bad Excals? As fer pro shooters by Excal, 10 pt. pays more gratis to their's! They just can't stay wid da big Boys my friend! I ain't putting 10 pt.'s down i am pushing my Excals,sides not every person can drop $1500- $2000 on a decent xbow![][][&o][&o][:-][:-][:-]

Quick Reply: Xcalibur Exocet Vs TenPoint Elite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.