Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Horton question? >

Horton question?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton question?

Old 03-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Spike

Default Horton question?

Can someone tell me what is the difference between the legend xl 175 and the explorer tr 175 beside the price?
Old 03-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Horton question?

i shoot a horton legend 150. i personally would go with the legend because well the squirrels got onenope if it's a horton it's good. the legends may have some better stuff on them but the explorer is cheaper. hortons are a good brand name but DONT DO NOT. DO NOT REPEAT NOT LET THEM TALK YOU INTO GETTING AN EXCALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOONE WANTS ONE OF THEM! except for some of them sissy shootersjk but stick with the horton please. we need some more horton guys here. actually, like djh said somewhere. the difference between 150, 175, and 200lb draw weight is how much farther you want to walk to get your arrow after it passes thru. i'm sure rebel hog will have a link for you to look at but i'm sayin get the cheaper one and you could get a 150, cheaper, not so hard on your body. not as likely to shake stuff loose. so i'd go with the explorer because with the money you save, you can get some spitfires to knock them deer down withbut i know ur gonna hear some stupid stuff from dnk cus he shoots an excalibur and he'll want you to buy that. hes nothin around herejk, he might have some good stuff in other topics but not on a horton one[8D]ok so my choice is w/e you want to spend. not much difference in the types of crossbows. if you can go and shoot both, see how you like the different ones. i think they're HD's now.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Moeskeeter, ignore what that punk said about the good bows, LOL. If you are interested in a Horton the KID is pretty much the resident expert. He shoots the hell out of his, non stop! Ask him if you wanna know about Hortons. Just don't get him going by saying the word ExCAlIbUR.

Squirrelkilla, "the squirrel" is a great handle. Keep it buddy, it sounds cool.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:26 PM

Here is the difference in the CB's from hortons web site. As you can see the legend has a few more extras on it than the explorer, hope this helps. Also Dnk is right the little guy can get a little excited about his horton, he is young and happy about his bow.

The explorer details:
[ol][*]Talon™ CUSTOM trigger with ambidextrous safety[*]CamoTuff™ limbs[*]Machined aluminum alloy wheels[*]Lightweight weatherproof stynthetic stock[*]MicroFlight™ arrow groove[*]Dial-A-Range® trajectory compensator[*]ICAD cable system[*]Steel Stirrup[*]Precision aluminum riser[/ol]
The legend details:
[ol][*]Talon™ ULTRA-LIGHT trigger[*]DP2 CamoTuff™ limbs - Lifetime Warranty[*]SpeedMax™ aluminum riser - with SoundStopper™ riser pads [*]Precision metal sight bridge with ambidextrous safety[*]Machined aluminum alloy cams[*]Lightweight weatherproof synthetic stock[*]MicroFlight™ arrow groove[*]Dial-a-Range® trajectory compensator
[/ol]
9. Extended Power Stroke
10. SpeedMax™ hybrid cable system with tunable yokes
11. Machined Aluminum Stirrup
12. adjustable stock length

*3/4 Stock length adjustment spacers sold separately; Item #AC040
Old 03-21-2006, 09:31 PM

I think the Horton Explorer TR 175 is da BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I could figure out this pic thing.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Catsclaw

I think the Horton Explorer TR 175 is da BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I could figure out this pic thing.

This one?

Old 03-21-2006, 09:38 PM

Thats it!!! How do you DO that??????
Old 03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Catsclaw

Thats it!!! How do you DO that??????

Miss Stacey, I went to the Cabela site, I high lighted the X-bow, right clicked the mouse and then I clicked on copy. I came back and clicked on quote and right clicked on the mouse and thenclicked on paste.
When you click on quote, make sure you have gone below all quotes and hit enter twice to make sure are in the clear to paste. Go to the Test forum and practice!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I think if the big bomb goes off I wanna be near Rebel. He's smart! LOL
You're a good teach Rebel.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya know i was gonna... gonna.... well i just didnt feel like goin and copying and pasting that stuff so. just look at hotburns info. he's a horton guy cus hes cool[8D]so be cool and get a horton

Quick Reply: Horton question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.