Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 TOP TEN CROSSBOW RULES >

TOP TEN CROSSBOW RULES

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

TOP TEN CROSSBOW RULES

Old 02-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Thankyou much!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Years ago I let the string hit my little finger. The arrow missed the target by quite a bit, so I have been careful to never let it happen again. Hate missing the target!

Oh, and it took 6 stitches to close the cut and the 2 broken bones took weeks to heal, so that serves as a reminder, too.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by j2000
yea i agree with the 10 rules you posted especially raising a ****ed bow to your stand.unless its a built stand where you can get good leverage to **** the bow.
Penis the bow?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 04:21 AM
Spike

Having a crossbow and carrying it is not an usual things to do.You should put in mind that it is a kind of a weapon that need to have a careful carrying.You must be responsible of bringing crossbow wherever you are and whatever you do.Reminders are should put in mind all the time.And i am agree to what the first above says about the listing to be done.Thanks a lot.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Spike

Thanks for the advice.
What does happen when you dry fire a crossbow?

Matt.
Delonghi ec702
Old 11-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Spike

YES you can lose fingers if you don't get them out of the way. (I know). Embarassing inasmuch as I was a state bowhunter instructor, but got in a hurry sighting in one night and my short-term memory kicked in. Had the tip of my thumb just hanging there. Off to the emergency room and got it sew back on. Was very lucky as still have feeling int and can hardly see where it was cut. I have since buiilt a thumb guard on the stock to keep this from happening again. I notice that a lot of the newer Xbows are designing their stocks with deeper forearms to help eliminate this problem. Guewss when the Lord blesses you with over 80 birthdays you have to be extra careful -- if you remember.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Spike

Oh, one more thing, the arrow only missed the 1" bullseye by about a 1/2" so figured it couldn't be too serious!! LOL
Old 11-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Spike

Shot my xbow for the second time today.My thumb is bruised up pretty good.Cheap lesson,no med. bill.Thought it was broken at first .VERY unlikely I will do that again.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Spike

Read on a review I think was on Amazon a fellow got his fingers tangled up and had a trip to the Dr. with lost finger nail and broken finger. Imagine that hurt a bit!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

I don't own a X-bow yet, but are you saying you MUST de-cock your bow by shooting an arrow ??? I assume then you must always carry an arrow with a field tip in your quiver and hope you don't hit a rock or whatever in the dirt?

Quick Reply: TOP TEN CROSSBOW RULES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.