HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Recurve or Compound (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/129917-recurve-compound.html)

ranchand99 01-22-2006 10:42 AM

Recurve or Compound

I had a compound crossbow about 4 years ago,and that was when they became legal here in Ga.Everyone seemed like they were having limbs break,and all kinds of problems with them.It didn't matter what brand..I saw the excalibur line of crossbows the other day,and was thinking they might hold up better.Any opinions?

moxie1884 01-22-2006 12:01 PM

RE: Recurve or Compound

I have two Barnett Quad 300's and have had only one problem withone of them. The spring that holds the bolt when the crossbow full draw broke. I contacted Barnett and they sent me a replacement at no cost.

I did get rid of the crank I used and went to a pull cord and have found it to be as easy to bring the crossbow to full draw.

Dnk 01-22-2006 12:22 PM

I have owned an Excalibur Exocet for thirteen year or so. Never had any problems at all. No adjustments no maintenance. It is so accurate that you cannot shoot the same spot on a target or you buy more bolts. Even dry fired it once (I'm not the only one, many have) and when I realized I didn't die (real loud) I was amazed that there was no damage. The only drawback to these bows is that they are much wider than a compound xbow. The warranty/support is unbelievable (I sent it back after dry firing to have it checked out and they polished the limb tips for unrelated reasons). Don't know if any other xbows are better but I can tell you that I do not want wheels and cables to complicate things.

Spiffy 01-22-2006 05:33 PM

Comming from a Horton shooter and owner I will admit that excaliber bows are probably the best bows on the market. They did recently make a compound bow called the Paradox and even that bow is super high quality. I know a guy who dry fired his (In a rush and wanted to take a practice shot... no arrow) and that as 2 years ago and there is still no sign of damage. He did break a plastic stopper but that was cheap and easy to fix. Their warranty is great another guy had broken limbs and they put knew ones on fro nothingand no questions. They are also super accurate.

[/align]

kevin1 01-23-2006 05:25 AM

I currently shoot a lower end recurve , and plan to get an Excalibur when funds permit it . Compounds have far too many moving parts for my taste , vertical or horizontal .

htoler 01-23-2006 10:35 AM

I shoot a Tenpoint ProElite and though I have not had it long so far have had no problems it is super accurate and has a lot of built in safty features such as a dry fire inhibitor and a double safty, Took it to show my Dad who is in his 70`s and let him shoot it and he hit in the 10 ring of a target at 20 yards and had never fired one before thats boresighting for you.. and have been assured by a TenPoint staff member that if I ever do have a problem it will be taken care of..

Matthew V. (An outdoorsman) 01-26-2006 11:08 AM

I've got an Excalibur Exomag. Very accurate and durable:D