Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 do you use a red dot >

do you use a red dot

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

do you use a red dot

Old 01-21-2006, 07:05 PM

Default RE: do you use a red dot

I have a Bushnell sportsman Red dot.Love it and would not change to any other type of sight. Hard to beat it in my eyes.

[/align]
Old 01-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

I used Ten Point's red dot scope when I bought my Xbow. It was not what I needed. Old eyes like mine need magnification so I switched to Ten Point's multi retical scope at 3 power and love it. So, young bucks need red dots, old bucks need lines. LOL.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:01 PM

i'm a peeper but looking for an upgrade

Old 01-23-2006, 05:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Both of mine came with red dots , one is getting switched to a multi reticle scope .
Old 01-27-2006, 06:46 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

I put on a horton 3 dot this fall like it. The only thing i find wrong with red dots is battery life, carry spares. Rich
Old 01-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have one that just super.I have another that has the same problem as your's though it is a different brand I think the prism is lose and I believe it was that way when I bought it new. Lee
Old 01-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

My Horton Legend came w/ a 4X multi reticle and it is spot on out to 40 yrds.
Each line is exact when I practice dif. yardages,broadheads or field points. That is good enough for me seeing I will only shoot 30-35. My buddy
has a red dot on his and he says he's switching to multi next year.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:32 PM

I work for a Horton and Ten Point dealer. I shot everything under the sun (single red dot, magnifiedred dots,single/multireticlescopes, pins etc..) and liked the 3dot TenPoint the best (I believe TruGlo makes the sight for them). Crossbows are very accurate over 30 yards but those light bolts are GOING to start loosing velocity and begin falling. The extra dots really make longer range shooting much easier IMHO. I was already used to red dots from having them on my turkey guns over last couple of years.

For me I simply wouldn't have anything else on my Ten-Point,
RA
Old 01-29-2006, 03:41 PM

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: RWK

I put on a horton 3 dot this fall like it. The only thing i find wrong with red dots is battery life, carry spares. Rich
Do you leave yours on all the time when hunting or just turn it on when a deer is comming. I wait for a deer to turn mine on and havn't had a problem yet. Knock on wood...
[/blockquote]
Old 01-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Spike

Spiffy - You mentioned that you just turn it on when you see the deer. I turn it on when I get on the stand and adjust for brightness as the day wears on. My son does what you do and missed a dandy buck (much bigger than the one on the wall) because he gave the sight a "couple of clicks" and came up, no dot - it turns off between clicks! The buck just looked and walked away. Still walking as far as we know.
One problem with the cheaper red dots is parallex - you have to be looking from the same place each time.
Vern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.