Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Camping Gear
Roof Top Tents anyone?? >

Roof Top Tents anyone??

Community
Camping Gear From tents to sleeping bags to grills, you will find all of your camping needs here.

Roof Top Tents anyone??

Old 12-03-2019, 07:56 AM
Spike

Default Roof Top Tents anyone??

Plan on doing some more camping and exploration soon and I love the idea of the rooftop tent. Seems like most are made in the same Chinese factory, branded and then sent stateside. Brands I've looked at CVT, ARB, Tepui, Smittybuilt. Leaning towards a Tepui but not too sure yet.
Anyone have any experience with any and can provide some assistance? Or better yet a sweet deal?
Old 12-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never used one, but have folloed this series , and they ahve one and it sure seems to hold up and be all you could ask of one?
some where in there series I know they did a bunch of reviews on it as they first got it and then used it some and so on, and don;t recall any complaints
if I was looking for one, be at the top of my list

https://23zero.com/

and it in there video's, use/set up take down

Old 12-05-2019, 07:47 AM
Spike

The Chinese ones are pretty much all the same. But I've said it before and I'll say it again. Check out the rockclimbing article- https://www.abc-of-rockclimbing.com/roof-top-tent/ is a great place to start. The Tepui is the best value you can see.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:46 AM
Spike

Among the brands you have mentioned, Tepui is a better option...
Old 12-22-2020, 10:43 AM
Spike

Old thread but did you ever get one? I have an Overland Vehicle Systems RTT and love it! I went with the Overland Vehicles Systems one based on quality, good customer service and liked the fact their mattress is 63" wide, 3" wider than a queen mattress.