Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Good tenderloin recipe

Old 01-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good tenderloin recipe

What is a good tenderloin (sweetmeat) recipe for me to try?

thanks, ths78
Old 01-08-2005, 06:44 PM

Default RE: Good tenderloin recipe

I cut the tenderloins into 6" strips. this usually only requires them to be cut in half. then I soak mine in Dale's marinade for about 10 minutes then place the strips on a oiled cast iron skillet. I wipe the oil on the skillet, I don't have enough to where it would fry. as a side dish I usually like mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus tips.

This is the dish I use on people thet swear they don't like venison. They will prise how good it is then a day or so later I tell them.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i cut mine in bite size pieces roll it in flower and fry it in a pan on medium heat for as long as it takes with Onions and mushrooms. This is a hard meal to beat. I normally have potato's or something of that sort with it!
Old 01-08-2005, 09:30 PM

I like to marinate mine in liquid smoke and worchestire sauce overnight. Then I take them out, sprinkle with salt & pepper, sage, and alittle cajun spice, then I wrap a couple pieces of bacon around the tenderlions. I then take them out side and put them on the mequite burning
Bar-B-Q and when there about done I pour alittle McCormick flavored Mequite sauce on top. P.S When the bacon is done, the tenderlions are also done.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

the best is when you can get them from the deer to a pan in under an hour with just plain ol salt ,pepper, garlic and butter. serve with some eggs over easy, and BAM! good living!

i shot a deer this year at 720am, had the straps in the pan by 8am, they were still warm! gotta love it when a plan comes together!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:26 AM

Cut across them and make medalions about 1/2 inch thick, then season with black pepper and a little garlic powder. Saute some fresh mushrooms and minced garlic in butter with a little balck pepper and just about when the mushrooms reach your desired doneness, throw in the medalions. Don't cook them too long they only need few minutes on each side. Garlic bread, baked patato (w/butter and sour cream of course :~) ) and your favorite vegetable with a nice galss of an Autrailan Merlot round out a gourmet game dinner. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Moose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

One again Moose gets the vote, but if it's late when I get home I just soak over night in salted water,(Kosher or iodine free), Then just fry in buter in a skillet and serve with fried onions and taters, Preferably fried in the fat left from frying the onions. The doctor hates it but I'm the one eating it.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:45 PM

Moose got it hands down. I substitue olive oil for butter,but for health rather than taste reasons. NJ bowhunter gets my second vote. This meat stands on its own and needs little cover up. Incidentally, although venison is higher in cholesterol than most meats, it's low in transfatty and saturated fats, the real harmful stuff. And current thinking is that it is less important how much cholesterol you ingest; the real culprit is how much your body produces. Bonus...the backstraps are real low in cholesterol relative to the other parts of the deer, liver being the highest.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:08 PM

Moose's recipe sounds good. I usually just BBQ them with garlic salt & pepper to medium & enjoy. A couple strips of bacon on top supplies enough fat to keep it from drying out.

Best Wishes

Quick Reply: Good tenderloin recipe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.