HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Camp Cooking and Game Processing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/camp-cooking-game-processing-30/)
-   -   Any simple venison roast recipes? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/camp-cooking-game-processing/79620-any-simple-venison-roast-recipes.html)

PikeTipper 11-18-2004 10:54 AM

Any simple venison roast recipes?

I'm thinking about throwing a venison roast into the crock pot this weekend. Anyone have an ideas to liven it up a little bit? Anyone just use apple cider in a roast?

jerseyhunter 11-19-2004 11:45 AM

RE: Any simple venison roast recipes?

I do mine like a pot roast. Brown and throw in plenty of Onions, carotts and taters. Maybe a couple chunks of celery if you prefer. Pepper to taste.

bgcorn 11-20-2004 12:05 PM

put it in a crock pot add just a little water and a pack of dry lipton onion soup. let cook all day

Buck Huntin Girl 11-21-2004 01:25 PM

Oh there are so many options! Even though it is venison, I often use beef broth or bouillon cubes, Mrs. Dash seasonings, there are a ton of flavors to choose from. Carrots, potatos, celery, onion, oh my mouth is watering.

StealthyOne 11-24-2004 02:51 PM

Brown the roast, then wrap in maple bacon and place in pot. Place a few apples (sliced in half) in with it. Cook as usual.

skeeter 7MM 11-24-2004 10:30 PM

I like to add a can of Wild Mushroom Soup/1 can of water, Lipton Onion Soup mix, lots of chopped garlic and pepper. Put on low and let it simmer all day in crock pot. You get a nice tender roast and gravy to boot. Serve with some new potateos, carrots, celery and onions. Don't forget a pan of yorkshire puddings....lovely!

trapper T 11-25-2004 10:28 AM

I like to throw in some onions, spuds, a little water then about a cup of soy sauce and a 12 .oz can of Dr. Pepper. Gives it a really neat tang, plus what ever salts and peppers I like for spice.

PoonDawg 11-26-2004 07:58 PM

Brown both sides of the roast. Place in a floured cooking bag. Add two cans of cream of mushroom soup, one can of French onion soup,carrots,potatos,celery,onions, bell pepper,black pepper and a little salt. Place the bag in a pan. Poke 8 to 10 holes in the bag.Cook in the oven at 325 degrees for 3 hours.

RonK 11-28-2004 09:31 AM

Set the roast on a large piece of heavy duty foil then sprinkle one pack of dry onion soup mix, then pour one can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of mushrooms with the liquid over the meat.Wrap tightly and roast slowly until done. Meat falls off the bone and you have great mushroom gravy.

shpines 11-28-2004 09:11 PM

Simple. Soy & worshire sauces, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, sliced mushroom and onions, seasoned pepper, and a little olive oil. Put roast in a baking dish, or crock pot, place wet then dry ingredients on roast. arrange onions and mushrooms on and around it. cover & cook on low heat. Falls apart and is delicious!