Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
 Worst Food EVER!!  What is yours? >

Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?

Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?

Old 01-25-2004, 10:29 PM

Default Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?

I know...I have posted this before but I have been gone for a long time so I will ask it again....What is the worst tasting food, thing, creature, whatever...that you have ever eaten?

For me it is without a doubt a Russian appetizer that involves bread, butter and salmon eggs...

My wife and I had dinner at the house of a friend of ours that happens to be Russian and the appetizer was bread, butter , turkey (optional, but not authentic Russian fair) and salmon eggs. I, having never tried a food that I didn't like, decided to try this...Well it smelled just like the bait that we use when fishing for trout and the worst part was that it tasted just like it smelled...I had to physically fight back the dry heave that immediately came up...I choked it back, played it off and offered the rest to my wife.....later I tried it again (I just can't accept that there is a food that I do not like...I will eat almost anything and enjoy it...I don't even have a problem with fish eggs...one of my favorite things is sushi with flying fish roe....but this!!!! OH MAN!!!) and it wasn't as bad but it was extremely fishy...Now, even with this bad experience with salmon eggs I tell you that I will try it again...there must by something worth liking in it and like I said 'I just can't accept that there is a food that I do not like'.

Anywho,....This is my worst food experience...What is yours?
Old 01-25-2004, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?

It was a freeze dried fajita meal on a backpacking trip. Now just about everything tastes good when you are in the mountians, that goes doubly for backpacking since you have to carry it in on your back. So we spent a long day packing in by aspen colorado and dinner couldn't come soon enough for me. The fajita meal had these frito looking things that you had to put in with the boiling water and I kept thinking that they are going to just get all mushy, but maybe I was wrong, well, I wasn't, and the chicken never got fully reconstituted and it was total crap. We had 4 teenage boys with us who will pretty much eat anything and they wouldn't eat it either. Even my dog would only take one bite.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Brussel Sprouts[X(]
Old 01-26-2004, 07:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

fried putty cat!!
Old 01-26-2004, 02:58 PM

TURNIPS
Old 01-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

This will kind of date me...C-Ration fruitcake.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

My gosh guys...I love turnips and brussel sprouts!

I had some lutivisk(sp) one time, and almost puked. It's a Scandanavian fish dish. I thought it was a joke until I saw it on King of the Hill.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

You're right Pro-Line ,
lutefisk(cod soaked in lye) is pretty nasty stuff , but it ain't got sh1t on Balute .

For the uninformed , balute is a delicacy in the Phillipines . It's a fertized egg that has been incubated for 3-7 days and then boiled . The egg white turns watery and brownish , and has an unforgetable smell . To add to the experience the chick has already started to form , so there's an occasional crunch when you chew the somewhat gummy solid part . When you're in the Navy or Marines and visit there it's considered a test of manhood to eat one . Yukon Hunter can verify that even a drunken American can't do it , or a Canadian for that matter . [X(][X(][X(]
Old 01-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The food at my school aka cafeteria food
Old 01-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Matriarch Doe!

[X(]As horrible as Kevin's egg thing sounds, I've never tasted that, so I'll have to go with chicken gizzards. We didn't have much money when I was growing up and they were cheap, so we had them all the time. Even then they reminded me of testicles.[X(][X(][X(]

Quick Reply: Worst Food EVER!! What is yours?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.