Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Skinned Turkey Suggestions

Old 04-18-2018, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Brine it overnight, grill indirect heat, do not overcook!
Old 04-27-2018, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like to cut the turkey breast into strips like chicken fingers and marinate in a can of cream of chicken soup with a can of can milk 9 the thick unsweetened stuff) over night. Then put 2 cups of flour and half cup of black pepper in a gallon bag. Put the turkey in the bag and coat it well. Then deep fry it up.. This is something like Kentucky Fried Chicken and tastes great. The legs I let my wife boil and make a stew with.. I will help her if she wants me to get those splinters of harden tendons out. I use all of the turkey I can use. I also sometimes skin the turkey and put strips of bacon on top of it to bake in the oven. The bacon helps to keep it from drying out.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-27-2018 at 05:51 PM.