Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Deer Pho!

Old 11-10-2016, 08:04 AM
Spike

Default Deer Pho!

I made this soup with elk the first time I tried to recipe, but I have also done it with deer and pronghorn. It is great with all different kinds of meat. I made my own bone broth the last time, and that was fantastic! http://huntingandcooking.com/vietnamese-elk-pho/
Old 07-21-2017, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Love the blog 12guagegirl! Very well done, and I love how the recipes aren't your run of the mill "best ever bacon-wrapped backstraps". Definitely bookmarking. I saw your eggs Benedict recipe - I found that a venison eye of round is the perfect size for Eggs Benedict, and it's like a mini backstrap. Once again, great work!
Old 09-24-2017, 10:25 PM
Spike

Pho is my favorite item at the Thai/Lao restaurant I patronize in Montgomery, AL-Green Papaya! I have made it at home once, it is delicious, used a beef roast and bones. As to the diction issue-I was in the hospital recently and had a nurse from Laos caring for me. Having spent 4 years in Thailand, visited Laos as few times, food was a common topic. Best phonetic pronunciation I can add to PHO from an ethnic speaker is Fuh- like we say Duh! as in Dumbass :-) you should have known better! Bookmarked the blog!!