Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
Looking for some deer burger recipes >

Looking for some deer burger recipes

Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Looking for some deer burger recipes

Old 10-31-2014, 03:43 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by flyinlowe
Another thing we do often with regular burger (it should work with ground venison) is to get one of those disposable aluminum pan and dump in a large jar of BBQ sauce (any brand works). The a large jar of jalapeno pieces (juice and all) and chop and onion and add it. The a can of beer or two to thin it out a little. Set the pan and contents on the grill until it starts to bubble. Then we place large pretty thick hamburger patties in there and let them sit. No need to turn them or anything. Usually we let them sit for a half hour or so in the simmering sauce. Take one out, put a piece of cheese on it and some of the peppers and onions if you like.
That sounds really fire! I'm gonna try that!
Old 12-24-2014, 06:50 AM
Spike

I'm a big fan of Venison Ragout. It's a pasta dish & you can bounce around online & find a handful of different recipes. Generally, I just chop up some mushrooms, onions, carrots, garlic. In a frying pan brown the ground venison, add the chopped items, throw in some fresh thyme & rosemary, 1/2 cup of red wine, season w/ some salt & pepper & let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Add it to the pasta of your choice. Delicious!
Old 12-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Banned

great nacho dip for snack during football game.

I spread layer of refried beans in tray, then ,
thin layer of sour cream (to your preference)
next, layer of browned deer burger
cover with picante sauce of your choice
sprinkle cheddar cheese(or whatever cheese you like) on top
Old 03-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
I've never found a recipe that calls for burger that didn't turn out well with venison. I make more than half of all the venison i butcher for me and the wife into burger or sausage. My wife makes a venison meatloaf that would cause most people to sell their first born for.
DITTO

I tried something new this year. We were grinding a bunch of venison for burger and sausage and ground in bacon tips with the venison and beef fat mix. They were delicious.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Spike

We really like a little bit of cumin mixed into our burgers, then topped with sour cream and slices of avocado and tomatoes. Just another burger idea. It can be done with venison or really any other ground meat.