Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Cabelas meat grinder?

Old 12-02-2017, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess one shouldn't bother with the grinders that measure their motors' strength in Watts instead of hp?
Old 12-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Rob in Vt has a Cabelas grinder and it is a beast. Not sure what size think it might be 1 horse but not sure. I have a small off brand cheap one and after fighting with it this year I think it is getting tired. Might have to upgrade since we love burger and sausage. Good excuse to hit a Cabelas store in the future.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I bought a Cabelas meat slicer, the bigest one because I wanted to slice venison dry beef. It would not do it, it bogged down and stopped even with very very thin slices like you expect dry beef to be. I took it back. When I was in HS, I cut meat in a small town grocery store, I sliced a lot of dry beef and our slicer went through a big piece of dry beer like a hot knife through butter. No pun intended bit I don't think these sporting goods stores slicers have the beef to do the job on certain things.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd dare say a slicer is a different animal from a grinder. But I've certainly read Cabela's has some lower-level grinders that have bad reviews.
They understand that not everyone is willing to spend to get a quality, commercial-grade grinder/slicer/smoker, etc. They price/develop product to each level of investment.