Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Crock pot coyote.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking Crock pot coyote.

Coyote Recipe
2-4 lbs of coyote meat
16 oz of apricot preserves
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1/2 purple onion diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Instructions: Throw all the ingredients in a crock pot and let them cook for about 8 hours

Al
Old 04-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, This works good with chicken thighs also. We used to bring it salmon fishing to re heat.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Coyote recipe
Leave in front of tree stand to attract more coyotes lol
You eat that stuff man? Must be hard times in Michigan haha
Old 04-30-2014, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I spent time in South east Asia and was taught that dog can be some fine food. Most of Asia eat dog on a regular rotation like we do chicken and such here.

Seems if it doesn't come from Micky Dees many in America won't eat stuff. Cat and rat burgers from Wendys is good stuff man.

Al
Old 04-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry man, that's just nasty.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

What's nasty the cat and rat burgers from Wendy's or the coyote?

If you haven't tried coyote don't have a say as you just don't know.

Al
Old 05-01-2014, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
I spent time in South east Asia and was taught that dog can be some fine food. Most of Asia eat dog on a regular rotation like we do chicken and such here.

Seems if it doesn't come from Micky Dees many in America won't eat stuff. Cat and rat burgers from Wendys is good stuff man.

Al
Yeah but... Asians think anything that moves is good.

I put a 24 inch pickerel in the freezer last night.
That's about as close as ill get to dog.
So almost any fish I like, except maybe a sucker out of the creek but they probably eat suckers in Asia because it moves
there's just so much good wild grass fed meat here
If they had a choice between whitetail and dog like we do I'm sure it would be a different story over there. Probably some canine dishes are a product of poverty. Or maybe it's easier for them to slit ol yellers throat than hunt up one of those saber tooth deer lol
But if I ever give it a go ill pull out this thread
Mmm mm

my girlfriend works fast food and we don't ever eat the stuff
But the people she tells me about... One guy has all three meals a day fast food and rotates in between the three in town here. McDs, Hardee's, and dq. It's a disease of lack of common sense.. It's cheaper and tastier to eat trout and venison. I spend about 80 bucks on license and tags for both and there's food for the whole year. I bet the guy who eats all three meals fast food spends probably 30 a day. So like 800 a month for well done shoe leather ground with lab meat proteins.

Last edited by westMDbowhunter; 05-01-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Coyote Recipe
2-4 lbs of coyote meat
16 oz of apricot preserves
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1/2 purple onion diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Instructions: Throw all the ingredients in a crock pot and let them cook for about 8 hours

Al
That would be a nice, sweet dish.

HA
Old 05-03-2014, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

We eat suckers and carp here. Can it and make use of it like can tuna. also good grilled.

Al
Old 05-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe the nay sayers should try survivalist training. A dog or cat is a helluva lot cleaner than a pig or a chicken. There are many different creatures on this planet that are nutritious and taste good. Don't knock someones menu until you try it. Go to India, and you can have sheep, goat, and anything else that you want. Touch a cow, and it's the death penalty. If you grew up in these countries, it would be perfectly natural to dine on these creatures. We have grown up in a location where we are brainwashed into thinking that this food is good and that one is bad. Lets go over to the market and get the butcher to go into the back and pick a steak or chicken off of the meat trees that are in the cooler.How many mice and rats do you think are in your loaf of bread that you pick up at the store? Do you really think that the ones that are in the grain as it is ground are removed when it hits the grinder? What about the grain beetles? What about the cans of processed meats? When it says mechanically deboned, what do you think that means? What do you think that meat byproducts are? Give me slab of lab or round of hound over these "GRAND" offerings any day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.