Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Burger batch Recipe

Old 10-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Burger batch Recipe

Hi all,

I'll be making a big batch of venison burgers to freeze from a doe I just got but had some questions. I made a batch of about 30 1/4lb burgers last season and mixed in a few diced onions but don't remember the ratio. Is it 1 whole onion 5lb? I forget. I remember it looked like a lot when I mixed it but it came out great. I added slice jalapeņo cheese in the patties as well. I even forget how much salt and pepper I added. Lesson learned, when you're just winging ingredients, write them down in case it comes out good! Any advice? Thanks!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

When we make burger we mix it like this 30 lb wild game clean of all fat and grizzle, 10lb of bacon, and 10lb pork shoulder or pork butt. If you mainly cook on the grill then we cut out some of the bacon and add more pork roast. But in a frying pan this is the best burger on the planet.