Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
Which Vacuum Sealer do you use? >

Which Vacuum Sealer do you use?

Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Which Vacuum Sealer do you use?

Old 06-02-2012, 05:28 AM
Banned

Default Which Vacuum Sealer do you use?

I've had a FoodSaver V2440 for a few years. It sucks. After maybe 6 or 7 bags, it shuts off! I guess because the sealer element gets hot. It used to get through 12-13 before shutting off . . . now I can't even do a package of hamburger.
So I'm gonna buy another sealer and would like to know what you recommend. Something that will go all day? (processing elk, deer, etc).

Last edited by dig4gold; 06-02-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got the Cabelas one, not sure which model
Old 07-15-2012, 04:40 AM
Typical Buck

I have one of the food saver units (not sure which model) and am not real impressed with it. Even on the manual setting it leaves more air and space then I feel it should. I eat most of my meat within the year so it is not a huge deal.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Spike

ya , i have same problem,....bought another brand...hell,..it's even worse,....ya just have to take more beer breaks....thats what i've been doing..seuf
Old 08-13-2012, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

We sell a bunch of the Tor-Rey models. This is a true vac pak. Airchamber creates the vaccum and then package sealed under vaccum. Food saver and other models like this isn't really vaccum packaging, just air removal, but not a true vaccum. They are more expensive but over the years the bag savings can start to pay for its self.
FriscoSpices

Last edited by friscospices.com; 08-14-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

also have a food saver on the shelf somewhere that pure crap
maybe got 1 year out of it, if that much
Old 08-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Spike

I use foodSaver's vacuum sealer that is par excellent in quality and delivers better functionalities.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rival

I have a rival seal a meal. Have used it for several years with no problems
Old 08-22-2012, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

bgcorn lol I bet yours is newer than mine. I have 2 Seal-a-Meal's somewhere in the garage loft that I used for years,, no vaccuum to them. They are probably 20 years old, and still work.

Last year I bought 2, Game Saver Deluxe Plus. The price was cheap enough and the reviews were good enough. I have not used the canister attachment, but the bagging feature works fine. I use it for wild game, beef steaks (bought in bulk), leftovers of any kind. I have no complaints about it. I got them at the end of hunting season sale at my local Orsheln store for about $130 each. Figured it would be best to have a backup, just in case. None of them are perfect, as you will see from reviews. But for the price vs positive reviews, this one seemed the best for the money. It also came with a box attached to it of extra bag rolls.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:06 AM
Banned

Default The Vacuum Sealer

Fortunately, a brand new wave of sealers offers less costly choices, thus we tend to set ourselves a value cap of $200 and acquired seven models to check, starting from concerning $50 to $199. we tend to sealed and froze strawberries, ground low, steaks, chicken, and individual parts of lasagna and monitored them for signs of fridge burn. we tend to conjointly portioned and sealed pretzels and cereal and keep them within the larder, sampling them sporadically to measure freshness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.