Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Smokers..Bradley Brand???

Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Spike

Default Smokers..Bradley Brand???

hey ya'll, I am just looking to invest in a good smoker for next years hunting season...I heard Bradley smokers are pry the top quality smoker out there for venison and wild game..what do you all prefer and think?..looking to spend the $ and get a good one!!! thanks
Old 01-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like U have your mind made up allready................... so why ask????
To be trugthful there are many good quality smokers out there that don't cost near as much as a bradley!!! remember just cause it's costy don't mean it's the best!!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

Pro-Smoker is about the best for making Sausages and drying Jerky. These smokers move a lot of air to dry and cook sausage. Remember the art of making great sausage is to remove all the moisture and leave all the fat. I would put up a Pro Smoker up against any house and you would be amazed at the difference in how they cook sausage. We sell them and also Cabelas sells them but I think they are order only from Cabelas. We have them in stock all the time, as well as replacement parts and supplies.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:33 AM
Spike

pro smoker have a website frisco spices..Prosmoker.com???
Old 01-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 bradley smokers and I love them.Theres no need to open the smoker once you start smoking something so your not constantly losing heat, everythings automatically fed into it from the outside.

Theres no wild temperature variations while cooking.No flame or hot coals means if Im smoking in the winter I can bring it right into the porch and use it without constantly watching it.Handy when Im doing pulled pork or something that needs to cook overnight.Also handy for items that need to cook at very low temps as you dont have temperature spikes.Can also be set up for cold smoking (havent done this yet}.

Downside is the bisquettes are spendy, and at times it would be nice to have more room in it.Ive screwed around with other charcoal, electric, and gas smokers in the past and this is by far my favorite.I will admitt though in the last few years theres been some other models that have come out I would love to play with.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Spike

I have a Bradley too and love it, my Bradley will not go above 250 degrees but when I use it I'm smoking at 225 so not going above 250 is no big deal. Hope this helps.

Gabe
Old 01-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Spike

every little bit helps guys..I really do appreciate it!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

I have one,it works fine in the summer, but can't get the heat up in the winter months. I got a gas one and use it for the winter smoking duties. Looks like I,m just 30 miles from where you live.so I'd go with a gas one if you are going to use it during the winter months
Old 05-22-2012, 04:19 AM
Spike

Master build 30" or 40" electric is set it and forget it. I got the 30" and would like to update to the 40" for more room.

With the a-maze-n smoker i can run for 6 to 8 hours of smoke and never have to worry about temps.

If I am on a longer smoke I can refill the A-maze-n with sawdust and off we go again.

Just did a Boston Butt this weekend for a neighbor and I was only there for the beginning then off to bed about an hour of the middle (recharge the sawdust and check the temp of the meat) and the end of the smoke last hour to get it done. Came out perfect.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Zeak
I have one,it works fine in the summer, but can't get the heat up in the winter months. I got a gas one and use it for the winter smoking duties. Looks like I,m just 30 miles from where you live.so I'd go with a gas one if you are going to use it during the winter months
Where do you have yours during the winter months?
I have the OBS and have no issue using mine even in the coldest midwestern day...mine is in the garage out of the wind. Keep the drip tray clean and the water bowl full and I have no problems.
Wildlife what did you decide on?
Also go to http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php and ask all the questions you may have, the folks here will gladly help you out.
Some of the people here own more than just the Bradley.

Don