Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Homemade Sausages

Old 12-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did up 20lb of venison and 30 lbs of bear sausage this year. I did a split of Breakfast and Sweet Italian for both. The venison was done using kits from SausageMaker http://www.sausagemaker.com/seasonings-1.aspx
and the bear was done from scratch.

Both turned out nice however I have to refine my scratch recipies a bit for my tastes. I had too much garlic in the sweet italian and too much thyme in my breakfast sausage.

HA
Old 12-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

I've used the Fisco spices and have had real good luck with them. Their recipes are right on the bag of spice you buy and are pretty simple to follow. Zeak
Old 12-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I Buy 99% of my sausage making supplies from The Sausagemaker including my Smoker and Stuffer. Never been disappointed . Great Books and Vids on any thing you need to know.

Last edited by jerseyhunter; 12-25-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

try us out jersey hunter, you might be suprised how great our blends are. We sell alot of sausage makers stuff on our site also, he does have a few great items we re-sell. www.friscospices.com
Old 01-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

I got a book on Sausage making for Christmas and just picked up some hog casings. Wanted to try to make sausage this winter for the first time.

I've got a couple of gallons of blueberries left over that we picked this summer. Any thoughts on making a venison sausage with blueberries in it?
Old 01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

I would think if you made a breakfast sausage with blueberries and maple syrup add they would be great with Pancakes or Waffles