Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
Canned Venison Recipes for after the canner? >

Canned Venison Recipes for after the canner?

Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Canned Venison Recipes for after the canner?

Old 03-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Canned Venison Recipes for after the canner?

Just canned my first batch. Surprisingly easy, and it appears I had very good seals on all jars. I did pints @ 11 lbs for 75 mins. 1/2 tsp salt and a little tomato juice. So what do you guys do with it from here- favorite recipes? Also, any tips on opening the jars? Don't want to chip the edge of the jar mouth with a can opener
Old 03-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Its great just as is right out of the jar. Your imagination is the only limit fo use. Besides venision, I also can pheasant. Just pry the lid up with a spoon or butterknife. Enjoy! It should be very good.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

wow...very easy and very good stroganoff...1 pint jar of canned venison, jar of brown gravy, jar of mushrooms- stir and heat- add 4 oz sour cream and serve over hot egg noodles. excellent
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can a lot of my venison. I don't have any recipies written down but I use it in stroganoff, chili, for various stews, spaghetti sauce. Use your imagination! A lot of times I just add it straight out of the can to whatever I am eating. Oh, it's good in stir fry as well
Old 03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Spike

Canned meat?

This doesn't sound too bad, any photo's or further info?, I've never heard of it before
Old 04-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wastednights
Canned meat?

This doesn't sound too bad, any photo's or further info?, I've never heard of it before
Here is a pretty good explanation. This a good blog as well>

http://www.simplycanning.com/canning-meat.html
Old 04-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

I can a lot of deer every year. It's the best way in my opinion. You can use it for almost anything, and it always comes out extremely tender. I often just put some breading on it, and fry a little up for lunch. It's also great with gravy and noodles, like a beef tips type plate. Just mess around and try stuff, I havent found a bad use for it yet!
-Jake
Old 08-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Another

5 cups chick broth, 28 oz can diced tomatos, bring to boil with 4 med redskin potatoes diced, diced onion, dash S&P, garlic powder, onion powder, ital seasoning....after boil- simmer uncovered 15 mins....add cup and a half peas, corn, limas- stir and cover. Simmer 45 minutes. Add 2 pints canned venison...stir through- dash of worcestershire. Wonderful vegetable soup in a pinch. serve with crusty roll
Old 08-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

I am planning my first batch of canned venison this fall. I don't have any recipes yet but sittin here reading this I thought it would be good like a "Manhattan". Slice of bread, mashed potato's, and canned venison with the broth. Sound great to me.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

We sell an Au Jus Base paste I simply add 1 heaping tablespoon of base in the bottom of jar berore you add the meat. You cannot tell your eating venison the Au Jus Base give the meat a real good roast beef flavor like Grandma used to make Sunday afternoons. MMMM Oh then my favorite way to use the meat is a toss up either stir fry or philly steak sandwiches with cheese.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.