Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Deer Chili

Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Spike

Default Deer Chili

I am looking for the Epic deer chili Recipe. I like thicker Chili. I also like steak and Shake Chili. So If any of you have a thick chili recipe that is awesome or one that has the consitancy close to steak and shakes I would greatly apreciate it.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Spike

http://fw.ky.gov/pdf/kafall10farmerchili.pdf

I'm cooking this right now, I'll let you know how it tastes. The only thing I change is instead of V8 I used 2 cans of condensed tomato soup.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Spike

I'm not coming off my chili recipe, but not because I don't want you to have as good of chili as mine, just not the same. I use paprika instead of cumin, and I use a lot of home made and home grown products, like canned stewed tomatoes from my dad's garden. Like Jason, I also use tomato soup, never tried V8. I also like to add small (or quartered/halved) mushrooms, and sometimes ripe olives. Like you, I like a thick chili, you can practically eat mine with a fork. I'll try different recipes, but I always add more meat than they call for to thicken it up. My chili's so thick, if you sprinkle shreaded cheese over it and dab some sour cream in the middle it makes a great chip dip, especially when it's left over and sat in the fridge for a day or two. I cook it all day in a crock pot.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Spike

Im gonna try this when my family comes and visits for christmas.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Spike

I tried this and it was great. Made a few changes I used only 1/3 cup sugar, tomato soup instead of v8 and a little more black peppar and salt.