Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Morel report

Old 05-18-2010, 12:59 PM
New Sheriff

Default Morel report

How was yall year shroom hunting. I never found a bunch in one spot but ended up finding several dozen a few times. Seems like it was better this year than last year but still not great.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

This doesn't seem like the correct section for this question...sure seems like an Off Season type of thread...
Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepkid View Post
This doesn't seem like the correct section for this question...sure seems like an Off Season type of thread...
Found some good ones. I ate them right there on the spot then I couldn't fine my way back to the truck so I spent the day counting little purple men running around in the woods all afternoon.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

very bad year for me(about 2 dozen)and my friends and also from talking to other hunters. seemed to be spotty(far n few inbetween) here in nw ohio. hopefully next year will be better.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

I've only found a couple dozen this year, but haven't been looking to hard. I just stumbled on two of them, then went looking for more so we could top our steaks.

Try a last years forest burn to really get into them.