Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

The BEST duck recipe EVER!!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cook dove and deer back strap the same way but I use Allegro to marinade. One thing..you shouldn't use the marinade that you have soaked the raw meat in. It can make you sick. Just make extra and set it aside to use.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

I'm going to try it with bald eagle!

Just kidding.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Alpine_Archer
I do it a little different but def. the best way to prepare ducks. The creamcheese and bacon with jalepenos makes it just right... I just don't add any sugars like maple syrup because it will cause your meat to burn if grilling on an open flame.
not if you grill how i grill... low n slow. low low LOW heat and slow slow SLOW cooking. it'll come out perfect everytime. and remember.. TURN FREQUENTLY
Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mac266
I'm going to try it with bald eagle!

Just kidding.
let me know how that tastes!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ksfowler
No offense but isn't what you are saying about slob hunters exactly what you are doing but with the legs and wings and not the breast?
hahahahaha. good point fowler. and the fact you're throwing away the breast, which is the most amount of meat possible on the bird, seems like you're wasting more than anyone else.. the wings and legs dont provide much meat anyways. sometimes i'll roast birds whole, but the breast is just the quickest to get the most and best meat