Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

The BEST duck recipe EVER!!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

Talking The BEST duck recipe EVER!!!!

This works primarily with ducks for me, but it will work with any type of bird. But i'm tellign you gentlemen, this is the best way i've EVER cooked duck. I've even had queezy co-workers weirded out about eating a hunted animal begging for more of this!

What you'll need:
-however many duck breasts, off the bone
-bottle of soy sauce
-bottle of maple syrup
-brick of cream cheese
-bacon
-water
-toothpicks
-jalepeno slices (optional)

1. combine an even mixture of 50% maple syrup and 50% soy sauce (thin out the soy sauce a little by adding some water so the outcome isn't too salty). marinade de-boned duck breasts in the mixture for 2 - 2 1/2 hours covered and refridgerated. flip breasts in the marinade halfway thru. SAVE THE MARINADE!!

2. cut each half breast in half(each duck breast will provide 4 smaller bite-size pieces).

3. butterfly fillet each piece and stuff with just under a teaspoon of creem cheese (or stuff as much as you can without it spewing out) add 1-2 slices of jalepeno if desired.

4. wrap each duck bite nice and snug with 1 slice of bacon. completely wrap around all 4 sides of the duck to cover all openings of the duck and secure with a toothpick. this will help keep the cream cheese stay inside the duck instead of it seeping out the sides while cooking.

5. slow cook on the grill with grill cover on under low-medium heat until bacon is cooked on the outside, but not crispy or burnt. pour spoonfuls of the marinade over the duck bites throughout the course of grilling them. i usually pour a spoonful over each bite after every flip on the grill. also careful while turning as to not squeeze the bites too hard and lose all the cream cheese in the middle.

6. ENJOY!! I'd really like feedback on this recipe if you guys happen to try and let me know how you like it. This really is an amazing combiantion of flavor with an unforgettable outcome. You guys will love it!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks, that sounds great. I'll have to try it. Copied it to my recipe file.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Guy01
Thanks, that sounds great. I'll have to try it. Copied it to my recipe file.
i promise you won't regret it
Old 03-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Spike

Default Sounds awesome

Hey! Thanks for the recipe. I love duck - especially mallard and green wing teal - but my wife always thinks it is too strong no matter how I cook it.

What you have done sounds a bit like a teriyaki marinade but the cream cheese will smooth out the flavor a bit and you just can't go wrong with bacon!

I am really eager to try this one. Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbrasshunter
Hey! Thanks for the recipe. I love duck - especially mallard and green wing teal - but my wife always thinks it is too strong no matter how I cook it.

What you have done sounds a bit like a teriyaki marinade but the cream cheese will smooth out the flavor a bit and you just can't go wrong with bacon!

I am really eager to try this one. Thanks for sharing!
not a problem at all! i hope everyone tries this recipe. i'll post it again around duck season this year incase anyone misses it, but you are right sir, this recipe is AMAZING
Old 09-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

sounds amazing think im going to try it tonight with my blue winged teal
Old 09-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

I like to serve duck sausage.

Never had it? The duck down here and get some
Old 09-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

This sounds VERY good. I'll hafta try.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Spike

Interesting recipe... I'll have to try it sometime.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

I do it a little different but def. the best way to prepare ducks. The creamcheese and bacon with jalepenos makes it just right... I just don't add any sugars like maple syrup because it will cause your meat to burn if grilling on an open flame.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.