HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Camp Cooking and Game Processing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/camp-cooking-game-processing-30/)
-   -   I want to try something new, Help me? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/camp-cooking-game-processing/311230-i-want-try-something-new-help-me.html)

my7pointmonster 11-30-2009 08:01 PM

I want to try something new, Help me?

Pretty plain Jane on this post, I want to try a new way of cooking my deer meat, something simple is preferred, anyone got anything.

Ryan.

Big Guy01 12-01-2009 03:51 AM

Here are a few

Coffee Crusted Venison

Mix the coffee and ground pepper together on a saucer.
Dredge the meat in the mixture on both sides.
Sear the meat for about 4 minutes per side in an oiled skillet.
Remove from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Add a small quantity of the salt and a splash of the juice to each bite. The combination of the salt and the citrus-sour of the tamarind, together with the coffee crust, makes a very flavorful dish.

Greek Venison wraps

Fry bacon in a skillet until brown; remove from pan, crumble and set aside.
Add onion and mushrooms to pan and sauté until onions are translucent, add sugar and stir well.
Add venison and sprinkle generously with lemon pepper.
Add lemon juice and sauté until venison is cooked but still slightly pink.
Warm tortillas in microwave with a damp paper towel on top.
Place sour cream in the center of tortilla, add 1/2 cup spinach, feta cheese, crumbled bacon and venison mixture.
Wrap and serve immediately

Venison Biscuit Roll

2 cups cooked ground venison
½ cup brown gravy
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp. dried parsley
2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
4 Tbs. shortening or lard
¾ to 1 cup milk

Combine cooked ground venison with gravy, salt, pepper, onion and parsley. Add more gravy if necessary to get a spreadable consistency. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Cut in the shortening until about pea size; add milk to make soft dough.
Roll out the dough into a rectangle about ¼ inch thick, spread with the venison mixture. Roll up the dough like a jellyroll and place on a greased baking sheet in a circle. Cut/slash the dough with scissors or a knife about 1/3 the way through the roll. Bake 30 minute at 400 F until lightly browned.

Venison Pizza Bites

1 lb. Ground venison
1small onion, chopped fine
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 6 oz. Can tomato paste
½ tsp. salt
1 10 oz. Can of refrigerated biscuits
1 cup mozzarella cheese

Brown and drain venison, stir in tomato paste, onion and seasonings. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat. Stirring often. Place biscuits in a greased muffin tin, pressing to cover the bottom and sides. Spoon about ¼ cup of meat mixture into biscuit lined cups and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Venison Rouladen

Venison steak

Onion, chopped fine
Bacon strips
Garlic cloves, crushed
Yellow mustard
Dill pickle slices
Beef consommé
Cooking oil

Pound serving sized pieces of steak flat. Rub with garlic dust with salt and pepper to taste. Top with mustard, onions, pickle, and bacon strips. Roll up and tie with butcher string. Brown roll in cooking oil. Remove to a baking dish add consommé and bake at 275 for an hour. Serve.

White tail Roll-ups

1 lb. Ground venison
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 Tbs. Jalepeno pepper, chopped
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbs. Chili powder
1 Tbs. Oregano
2 Tbs. Sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 cups water
1 10 oz. Can tomato paste
2 cups water
¼ lb. Butter
8 oz. Sour cream
1 pkg. Fillo dough

Sauce:
2 Tbs. Butter
2 Tbs. Flour
1 cup milk
8 oz. Velveeta cheese

Over medium heat brown the venison in a little oil, drain. Add onions, peppers, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, salt, sugar, tomato paste, and water. Stir and simmer for 30 minutes.
Melt1/4 lb. Butter in a small saucepan, set aside. On a large clean surface place one fillo leaf and fold in half, brush with melted butter. Place 3 heaping Tbs. Of the meat mixture in the center, add 1 Tbs. Sour cream on top of the meat. Carefully roll up the fillo dough tucking the outside edges in continue to roll up like a burrito or egg roll.
Brush seam side with butter and place seam side down on a large baking pan. Repeat until all the meat mixture is used up. Should make about 12 rolls. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.
While rolls are baking melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in flour. When bubbly slowly add the milk while stirring. When thickened add the cheese while stirring.
When rolls are cooked remove from pan and let cool for 10 minutes. Top with the cheese sauce.

my7pointmonster 12-01-2009 08:06 AM

Wow that stuff sounds like it will be awesome I'm gonna have to give those a test run.

Ryan.

rogerstv 12-01-2009 09:39 AM

Here's an easy one;

Butterfly a deer steak, smear cream cheese on one side, add a peppercini, fold, toothpick closed, and grill.

halfbakedi420 12-01-2009 09:44 AM

i have one on my profile in the pics area...all the kids eat em up befor anyone else can get to em..so ya gotta make a wholeeeeee bunchhhhhhhh..might be too much work for you lol it is for me

Firehyd 12-01-2009 10:31 AM

Cut deer steaks into bite size like 1x1 or 1x2 inch pieces wrap in bacon soak in Italian dressing over nite and grill! Simple and mmmmmmmmmm good:party0005: