Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Faverite thing in a deep fryer

Old 04-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Faverite thing in a deep fryer

How did it come out? I would be afriad that the whitefish would break up to much for a boil like that.. I would however fillet them out and deep fry them in a heartbeat.. best fish to deep fry IMO is some nice freshwater whitefish..
Old 04-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Phil, I did"nt deep fry the fish. I did a fish boil. It came out very good. I got the pot to a boil with about half of the pot filled with water. I dropped the potatos, and corrots first, then the onions. As soon as the potatos got just began to get tender I dropped the lobster and the white fish. The white fish is a bit oilly, so when the fish is done you crank the heat to couse the pot to boil over, all the oil spills over the top of the pot to get rid of it. otherwise all the veges get oilly when they come out. It took about 45 min. total cook time , the fish and the lobster takes just 10 min or so. It was realy good. I will do it again soon
Old 04-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

The most important thing I forgot to say,,,,old bay seasoning
Old 04-13-2008, 06:00 PM

I have made tenderloins many times. Just marinate them in whatever you like, shoot some marinade in right before you drop them in. I also usually put a few crushed cloves of garlic inside.

I have done beef, pork, and venison. I usually just wait till the meat starts to float a little and them pull them out.

Juiciest meat you've ever had!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

..Drain the oil from the Dodge..Recycle the oil back into Wal-Mart.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 PM

Pickles are awesome fried!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Try breading cornish hens like you would pieces of regular fried chicken, but fry them either split in half or whole. Serve with sides of your choice. Yum, yum!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Oh tes Kevin, game hens are just about as good as it gets. I don"t bread them, but I season them heavy, and try and stay away from seasonings that have alot of sugar in it, it can burn, and taint the oil. The best side, I think is thin slice potatos with a ripple cutter, into discs, when the bird are done, drop the taters. They will kill the temp, so cook till done, and pull them to get back to temp, and then drop them agian to crisp up......now thats what I"m talk"in about.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Yes the double fry method is the way to go for crispy french fries. I usually cook mine for 10 minutes @ a start temp of 360 Fthen pull them out let the temp recover then fry them for 2-3 minutes again. crispy on the outside and soft inside just perfect.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Spike

Nothing better than fresh pork bellies in the fryer to make some homemade pork rinds...

Quick Reply: Faverite thing in a deep fryer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.