Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

BBQ and -30 weather

Old 01-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default BBQ and -30 weather

BBQed tonight when it was -30 out. I BBQ all winter. Doesn`t matter about what type of meat but there is something about the smell of the BBQ in the winter air that smells so great. Even the neighbours commented about the aroma as it was lightly windy outside.
Does anyone else BBQ/grill all winter in real cold temps?

Old 01-23-2008, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BBQ and -30 weather

Just 5' from my back steps
Old 01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Just did a turkey in my smoke cooker two weeks ago. It was about zero out and I had no trouble keeping the temperature above 300 with just the normal amount of charcoal and oak chunks.

I had never done a turkey ouside before but I will do it again, particularly if my daughter brings home four again. I can't believe her coworkers did not want the turkeys the company gave them. Go figure. I'll take 'em all.

There is nothing about cold weather that makes it so you cannot BBQ, it is just that YOU do not feel like being outside.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:28 PM

Unfortunately i do not. I bought a grill last late summer and it does not work in the cold or the wind. It is infared...never used one like it before but it is not nice. Cant be too mad though...it was only 42 bucks on closeout at Lowes. You get what you pay for.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Inactive

Every fall we move the bbq close to the patio doors and we bbq all year round. With the way we have it set up - you don't have to "go outside", just slide the door open and your away. There is something about a grilled steak etc in winter that can't be beat.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve done it before but I don’t really care for it. I find it takes too long and dries the meat when cooking steaks. I much prefer cooking over an open fire...
Old 01-24-2008, 08:09 AM

I BBQ year around. about 3 time a week. Right now I don't have a problem with the Cold do to were I live but I have BBQ in about ever clime and place. My neighbors use to think I was nuts.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

I barbecue at least twice a week, all year. I have a charcoal grill on my back deck. Last weekend it was -10. Tri-tip baby!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

heck yeah, i BBQ all year no matter what the weather from -0 to +100 meats meat when a man has to eat, and my wife loves it too. gonna smoke some chickens sunday for the superbowl. maybe grill some of dem deer brats too
Old 02-02-2008, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

I livejust north ofBuffalo, NY. I keep a shovel near my back patio incase I can't open the door. I open the window, shovel the area, justto get to my Weber! I agree, there is something about grilled foodin the winter. I'm cooking chicken wings (bbq and regular) plusfrench fries for the super bowl, soI'll have my turkey fryer and my grill going tomorrow!

Quick Reply: BBQ and -30 weather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.