HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Camp Cooking and Game Processing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/camp-cooking-game-processing-30/)
-   -   What is the best Jerky recipe? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/camp-cooking-game-processing/225855-what-best-jerky-recipe.html)

MichiganWhitetails74 01-05-2008 08:02 PM

What is the best Jerky recipe?

I'm going crazy with my new Jerky Kit. Amazing how awesome the Jerk is... even out of the oven...

Please tell me your secrets!....

What is the best Jerky recipe?.....I'm using high moutains mixes right now.

Thanks!

bronko22000 01-24-2008 11:44 AM

RE: What is the best Jerky recipe?

I tried the Jerky Works Original recipe this year (in the small appliance section of Walmart). It was pretty good. It has that light smoked flavor I like. I used to use my own recipe using liquid smoke, soy sauce, allspice and a bunch of other ingredients which was tasty but this is a whole lot easier. This is for ground meat.
When I used sliced meat, I just slice it about 1/4" thick and season both sides with a mixture of 3/4 curing salt and 1/4 black pepper. Sometimes I'll add some garlic powder for a little extra flavor. I then either put it in my dehydrator or put a toothpick in one end and hang it in an oven at 200 degrees with the door propped open a bit for air flow and let hang until dry. (ps - line the bottom of the oven with alum foil so the wife doesn't get pissed with the drippings in the over.)

AF Hunter 01-24-2008 04:31 PM

Get on the internet and get a "bulgogi" or "pulgogi" recipe and use that when making jerky! WOW!!!! Makes the best venison and beef jerky I've ever had.

Arrowmaster 02-10-2008 07:53 PM

Well for one I dont use any store bought reciepe. I only use sliced beef or deer that I slice myself. I dont use the ground up stuff. You can use either a dehydrator or the oven at 150 degrees.

Here is what I use. This is for a pound of whatever meat I use meaning deer or beef...

4 tbls of soy
4 tbls of whorchester sauce
1 tbl ketchup
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of salt

Combine into a bowl. Mix well, then marinate the meat for 1 hour. Make sure all the meat is covered in the marinate. Make sure you cover the meat with a lid or paper towel. Then use the oven or dehydrator...

Big Guy01 02-11-2008 06:09 AM

here are a few . My favourite is the Hawaiian.

Jerky

Mexican
2lbs ground meat
2tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 tsp coriander
½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp tumeric
¼ tsp mace
¼ tsp cayenne
½ cup water.
Add spices to water and dissolve as much as possible, add water to meat mix well extrude onto your drying racks and place in dehydrator until done.

Texas
2 lbs ground meat
2tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1tsp chili powder
1tsp paprika
1tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne
½ tsp oregano
½ cup water

New England
2 lbs ground meat
½ tsp black pepper
1tsp onion powder
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp salt
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup water

New Orleans
2 lbs ground meat
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp cayenne
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp paprika
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ cup water.

Italian
2 lbs ground meat
½ tsp salt
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp sugar
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp tomato sauce
½ tsp crushed anise seed

Guadalajara
2 lbs ground meat
¼ cup BBQ sauce
¼ cup water
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 tbsp powdered fajita mix
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp cayenne
1 tsp salt.

Hawaiian
2 lbs ground meat
1tsp salt
1tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp cayenne
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp black pepper
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup pineapple juice.

Dr Andy 02-14-2008 07:57 AM

Preacher Tony has an excellent recipe. PM him, he'll forward it to you!

dkhunter8383 03-03-2008 12:43 PM

experiment and make your own. I have never used a jerky seasoning kit, and dont plan on it. soy sauce, whorchestersauce, pleasoning seasoning, and A1 steak sauce are usually the main ingredients in my jerky, but you can add BBQ sauce, different spices, hot sauce, pretty much anything. Just experiment