Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

My processor is an idiot.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:49 PM

Default RE: My processor is an idiot.

hey kevin1 , thanks man !
Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Big Guy01

Nothing rings true as the old saying "If you want something done right Do it yourself!!
AMEN!

I found that out when I took my deer in a few years back. They wanted me to pay THEM $10 for my own deer hide!! I got most of the meat backsans the backstraps!!! I was so stinkin'mad. I've done my own butchering ever since.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

I’m lucky. There is a processor about 35min from me that is good! He makes almost anything that you can think of in-house. Basic processing of a cleaned deer is $40 I think. It does take awhile to get them back but, the specialty items get run in batches so you have to wait till enough people want that item. Every deer ticket has the weight put on it after it is boned out. He also goes over every ticket and inventories what you wanted and makes sure you got it. I have been using him for 10 years or a little more and it seams he is always adding a new specialty item or service. He even vacuum packs the meat at no extra cost. If anyone in SC wants info just pm me and I’ll get his number.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

"the specialty items get run in batches so you have to wait till enough people want that item"

I read this as you get a jumble of meat from other hunters. Some maybe not as particular as to field dressing as you. That's why I do it my self. No mistery meet in my stuff. The finished product relies on the meat that it was made from. At least if you do it your self you know what to expect.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

True, but he is selective about the meat and his cooked sausages are to die for. Not to mention his snack sticks, summer sausages, canadian bacon, hash, hot dogs, and baloney.....