Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

deer jerky

Old 08-31-2007, 03:40 AM
Spike

Default deer jerky

does anyone have any good deer jerky recipes
Old 08-31-2007, 04:36 AM

Default RE: deer jerky

1 part liquid smoke (I prefer the Hickory)
2 parts teryiki marinade
1 part soy sauce
coarse ground Black Pepper
Garlic Salt
Jerky meat sliced thin and in strips

Mix together in a plastic zip lock bag and marinade meat for at least 3 hours (I let mine marinade over night in the fridge)take out of marinade bag and lay meat flat on a baking sheet or tin foil and sprinkel with black peper and Garlic salt on both sides. then dehydrate
Give this a try and I promise you will like it. I have made this w/ venison, beef, even pressed out hamburger(it tasted just like a teraki slim jim) let me know if you liked it
Old 08-31-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use basically the same recipe as kdvollmer,but some times I use Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce in place of the Teriyaki sauce. Gives the jerky a bit of zip, but not overpowering.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:55 AM
bigcountry

I have tried the liquid reciepies, but like the dry rub style better. I have tried them all it seems. Jack Links seasoning and cure is my favorite but can't find it anymore at Bass Pro or Cabelas.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Making real jerky isnt hard. I use venison, beef and wild turkey mosty. I cut the meat into 1/4" strips and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and enough cure for the amount of meat, it could be 8 lbs or 80lbs, I then put it in a plastic tub and refrigerate overnight. I then smoke it with either oak, mesquite or hickory wood in my smokehouse for 8-10 hours. It's better than any store boughtor stuff that'smade in an oven for sure.
The indians never used liquid smoke or teriaki sauce
Old 09-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

To make it easy i buy it premixed here: http://www.eldonsausage.com/search_results.asp?PAGE=2&txtsearchParamTxt=Je rky+Seasoning&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtse archParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txt searchParamVen=ALL&txtDateAddedStart=&txtD ateAddedEnd=&txtPriceStart=&txtPriceEnd=&a mp;txtSale=

Old 09-02-2007, 08:34 AM

I have an ebook with over 100 recipes here;
http://mmcook1.bravehost.com/outdoors.html

Old 09-19-2007, 04:22 PM

Here is a page with plenty recipes for Jerky. I tend to stay with the
spicey or barbeque flavors. The worchestshire recipes are a little over powering. The key is slow dry not cook, but make sure they don't hold moisture or they won't keep long. Good luck!
http://www.wideworldofhunting.com/jerky/recipes.htm
Eric AKA DeerDope
Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Marinade in A1 steak sauce and worchester(sp) sauce overnight makes some good jerky.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Typical Buck

I cheat and use Hi Mountain Jerky cures. I love the Cajun and then add some stuff to kick it up.

Quick Reply: deer jerky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.