Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Lead in my meat

Old 04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Lead in my meat

Ok, I have only been hunting for a couple of years & this is a first for me but I just talked to my wifes uncle (Hunter fo over 40 years) and the following has never happened to him. Tonight my wife made some Antelope ground beef and as I was eating it, I bit into something hard....It was about the size of a pea & as I retreived the object from my mouth I discovered that it was a piece of lead!!!.....call me crazy, but has this happened to anyone else? Be back later, in route to the hospital to get my stomach pumped
Old 04-30-2007, 04:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Lead in my meat

ORIGINAL: Garminator

Ok, I have only been hunting for a couple of years & this is a first for me but I just talked to my wifes uncle (Hunter fo over 40 years) and the following has never happened to him. Tonight my wife made some Antelope ground beef and as I was eating it, I bit into something hard....It was about the size of a pea & as I retreived the object from my mouth I discovered that it was a piece of lead!!!.....call me crazy, but has this happened to anyone else? Be back later, in route to the hospital to get my stomach pumped
Wow! Was that Lope shot with #2 buck?I have had it in Quail, Doves and Rabbit, but never in big Game.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

If the bullet fragments enough, then yes it'll happen.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Wow! Was that Lope shot with #2 buck?I have had it in Quail, Doves and Rabbit, but never in big Game.
Actually, it was birdshot Reb.....no, it was a Win Supreme 130 Gr BST. HMMM....I'm starting to think that the guy at the meat packing place in Wy gave me someone elses meat.....
Old 05-01-2007, 03:53 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Actually, it was birdshot Reb.....no, it was a Win Supreme 130 Gr BST. HMMM....I'm starting to think that the guy at the meat packing place in Wy gave me someone elses meat.....
Well Ed, you said the size of a Pea, that would be #2 buck.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

The biggest deer I have ever shot had a pellet of buckshot in it. It was all healed up so, much in fact that there was no hole in the hide at all. So, probally shot at least the year before or even earlier. I butcher my own and when cutting it up I noticed a fatty looking lump. I cut the lump out and them tried to cut it in half. That is when I was able to see the pellet. It was the only pellet in it, right on the front shoulder too.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:13 AM

Once I was eating a tocho made for ground venison, and I found a piece of lead shot in my mouth, I dont know how the hell it got there, who uses lead shot on deer?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:29 AM

Someone here is crazy,

One little old b'b isn't going to kill you.

We ate rabbits when I was a kid and there was lot's of b'b's in them and none of us ever got sick and none of us died!

Some people need to stick to their city ways and buy their meat in a butcher shop.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:34 AM

lead brings out the flavor in meat.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:19 PM
XTP

Had this happen once with a deer steak. Bit on something, pulled it out and it was a piece of copper jacket.
As I dropped it on my plate my wife asked me "...bone??" ..without missing a beat I said "nope....bullet."
The look she gave me was priceless........

Quick Reply: Lead in my meat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.