HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Camp Cooking and Game Processing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/camp-cooking-game-processing-30/)
-   -   easy stuff to make from venison (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/camp-cooking-game-processing/161122-easy-stuff-make-venison.html)

jhalfhill 10-22-2006 03:29 PM

easy stuff to make from venison

being in college, the less i have to pay for food the better. thats why i kill some of my food :). anyone know any different easy meals i can make from deer meat besides the usual burgers and steaks?? I typically mix the burger in some hamburger helper, but those 3 things are about all i make out of it.

skeeter 7MM 10-22-2006 05:01 PM

RE: easy stuff to make from venison

Chili, taco's, sheppards pie, meatloaf, hamburger soup are all easy/cheap things to make with ground. You could try stew with some of the steak meat or cube/minute steak(score the meat approx. 1/4" apart, then do the same diagnol wise and pound with a mallet or rolling pin). Fast fry in a pan with some oil/butter withchopped onion and garlic, make a gravy or buy the canned mushroom gravy from walmart and done.

jhalfhill 10-22-2006 10:36 PM

ooooo Tacos:), forgot about those....

BareBack Jack 10-23-2006 11:46 AM

Stew meat some of your steaks and make strogenof(sp),stew.Brown the burger and make spagetti,chilli or swiss steaks or chiken fried steaks.You can also make some quickTaco mac.

Brown hambuger,make 2 boxes of maccaroni and cheese.Add 1 package of Taco mix to hambuger and mix with mac and cheese.toss in a can of olives sliced and serve with salsa and sour cream on top.

A real easy spaggeti is.
1 pakage burger
2 cans tomato sausce
1 can mushrooms
1 can slice olives
2 tps of garlic powder
2tps of garlic salt
1 tps or oregeno
2 tps Italian spices
1 package of spagetti mix.
In sauce pan put all ingrediants bring to a slow boil add 1 cup watter.In a skillet brown burger,then add to sauce.In a big pot boil water and add nodles and enjoy.

A realy quick chlli in a Med-suce pan brown burger,add 2 can pork and beans and 1 can tomato saucse,1 pack of chlli mix bring to a high boils stiring occasinal.Let simmer add 4 dashes of Tabasco and enjoy.
Just some quick Idea's.
BBJ

s. il. hntr 10-25-2006 08:13 AM

FAJITAS!!!;)

wesmac68 10-25-2006 08:22 AM

google venison recipes and you will find all kinds of stuff

sc003ro 10-25-2006 10:47 AM

Salsbury steak ....just like a meatloaf but you fry and need some gravy

mlang 11-06-2006 01:07 PM

I used to make a pot roast. Take a large roast or two salt, pepper, carrots, celery, & potatoes, throw it in a crock pot. Eat on that for a couple days, when the vegies are gone, or your just tired of pot roast, take the remaining roast, flake it up add BBQ sauce and eat it on some bread. Always was able to boost theever importantbeer fundduring the college years that way.

Windwalker7 11-07-2006 02:38 PM

Take a couple steaks and slice them into strips about 1/4" thick.

Fry them in a skillet. Spice them up with black pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce and worchester. When they are done, and a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables ( I also like frozen peppers and onions, sold at Save-A-Lot)

Cook until vegetables thaw. You may want to spice it up a little more.

Serve over rice.

I love these stir frys. I like mine extra spicey.

Windwalker7 11-07-2006 02:40 PM

Sloppy joes are great too! Just get a can of sloppy joe mix and a pack of buns and you're in business.