Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
 easy stuff to make from venison >

easy stuff to make from venison

Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

easy stuff to make from venison

Old 12-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: easy stuff to make from venison

I have to say stew is another staple in my house after deer season.

Go buy several envelopes of beef stew seasoning and follow the instructions on the back.

I use a crock pot, usually double the reciple, and add more veggies than what they call for. I like corn, carrots, and plenty of potatoes in my stew.

I just made some a few weeks ago and my wife and her co-worker loved it.

I cut the venison into cubes, dust them in flour, then brown them ina frying pan with olive oil. Do not over cook the venison. It will cook and tenderize while cookng in the crock pot.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:31 AM

Venison Shish-Kebabs are always a favorite with my college buddies
Old 12-06-2006, 10:51 AM

slice some tenderloin as thin as possible, throw in the skillet with some oil, peper, salt, and i like montreal seasoning, cook to your liking (i like mine medium rare) and then put it on a roll and eat it like a normal steak sub

quick easy and GOOOOOOD

pretty soon i am gonna make some stew with just the venison cubes, potatoes, carrots, and these huge flat noodles, plus some broth and spices that my grandmother used to use. makes a great winter time stew, and since im the only one who eats it, it lasts for 2 weeks. its best with some home baked bread too.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:23 AM

We make alot of Tony Chachere's stuff like, Jambalaya out of our deerburger meat. Put a little spicy cajun seasoning on there and your set.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Host of Hosts

Stuffed Peppers are good with venison burger
Old 01-06-2007, 08:03 PM

I was going to make my own thread but saw one already started. I made well i tried to make deer burgers tonight on the grill. Out of the 4 i made, one of them finished looking like a pattie, the other 3 fell apart. What can i add to the meat to help it stay in pattie form? Also i added some steak sauce into the ground venison before i cooked them and omg it was so good. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Try these AH 44857

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1864513

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1642703
Old 01-08-2007, 10:22 AM

Canned venison would work excellent for you. You can use the less desirable cuts or chunks, and they get very tender. It is convienient, and delicious. You open a jar, heat it up, slap on bun or whatever. Only question is if you have access to a place for canning.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:24 AM

If you're grinding your own burger, obtain some beef suet from a butcher or grocer. Add a small amount, like 1 part fat (by weight) to 10 parts venison. With just straight ground venison, burgers or patties will fall apart.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cheep and fast is my middle name!Go anywhere that processes game and buy summer sausage seasioning.IT adds a zip to burgers.
You can make mac and cheese and add browned veni burger.Or dont add the milk and mix spaghetti sauce instead.
If you cut steaks just beat them up with a tenderizer and chicken fry them,top off with some motzerella cheese and bbq sauce,spaghetti sauce,or alfredo sauce,and you have got one heck of a sandwich!

Quick Reply: easy stuff to make from venison

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.