Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

just sharing a pic

Old 05-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default just sharing a pic

This used to be an 18lb Tom.

We made deep fried turkey strips of the white meat, and soup from the legs. What do you guys do with wild turkey? (besides plucking, way too much work involved).

Old 05-24-2006, 05:39 PM

Default RE: just sharing a pic

I skin him, remove the breast to fry, take the wings, legs , neck , and all the back bones and they go into the crock pot with a carrot,onion,garlic,salt and pepper. cook all night. in the morning remove the bones,strain the liquid and save.
chopp the meat,cook 2 cups rice with the juice I saved.take the rice and make "Rice Dressing" add the chopped meat. fry the breast and homemade biscuts and you have a meal fit for a king.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:17 PM

sounds so good, just give me a call when its ready, or you can come and hunt with me at my place and cook
ORIGINAL: Tree climber

I skin him, remove the breast to fry, take the wings, legs , neck , and all the back bones and they go into the crock pot with a carrot,onion,garlic,salt and pepper. cook all night. in the morning remove the bones,strain the liquid and save.
chopp the meat,cook 2 cups rice with the juice I saved.take the rice and make "Rice Dressing" add the chopped meat. fry the breast and homemade biscuts and you have a meal fit for a king.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

We always pluck the entire bird before deep-fryin'.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:31 PM

I just skin' them enough to pop all the breast meat out. Cut into strips. Put some worshire sauce and liquid smoke in a pole and swish the strips in that. And fry'm in lard on the stove top. Fix some mashed tators and corn on the cob, garden salad. Strawberry cheese cake for desert. Them wild turkey drum sticks ain't fit to eat, I feed'm to the wild critters.