Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

best way to cook backstraps

Old 01-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default best way to cook backstraps

i have found the best way to cook backstraps is to cook them in long pieces. it keeps the juice inside and it limits the surface area that can get overcooked so the inside is pink!! all this talk of food is making me sooo hungry!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best way to cook backstraps

I always butterfly mine and deep fry them with hot oil. They have always been tender. We had abunch for breakfast the other day with biscuits and gravy and there was no leftovers at all.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You don't cook back strap!!!!!! you GRILL IT tO PERFECTION........
Old 01-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Dominant Buck

One way that I really enjoy is to cut it into chunks , bread them , and deep fry them . Hey , I'm Southern , we deep fry everything !
Old 01-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Slice 'em medium thick, sprinkle with Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, and tenderize 'em. Then let them marinade for a day in Italian dressing.
Then, cook 'em medium or medium rare on the grill with CHARCOAL, not friggin propane!! You should be able to cut them with a fork.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

We butterly them and cover them with some flour and fry slowly. Throw a few onions on top of themwhile cookingand enjoy.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:36 PM

season , marinade in Italian for a day , and flour and pan fry to med."Do Not Over Cook"!!!!!!!!!!!!!![][] []
Old 01-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Marinade a day or so in the fridge and as Tree climber so wisely sez:
"Do Not Over Cook"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that's for sure!

Now I will refer you to this. But be sure to have a napkin handy before viewing! (for the drool).

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1351960

Old 01-15-2006, 04:57 AM

If you can't grill it, put a bit of olive oil in a teflon pan, add ground pepper and salt. Give it some heat and then place the 3/4" loin slices in, press slightly to get the salt and pepper in to the surface of the meat, flip and finish to medium rare. PLEASE don't gobbely gook this up with foreigh flavors....save that for the other cuts of venison. After you've tried this and then prefer the other ingredients, then, hey, diversity is what makes the world go round, and you are forgiven (but I personally feel it's because you're beyond redemption...)
Old 01-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

One way that I really enjoy is to cut it into chunks , bread them , and deep fry them . Hey , I'm Southern , we deep fry everything !

OH yeah!Cut them into 1" chunks roll the in Drake Seasoned Flour and deep fry them! Put them in a plastic baggie and eat them for lunchon your stand in the woods!

Quick Reply: best way to cook backstraps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.