HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Camp Cooking and Game Processing (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/camp-cooking-game-processing-30/)
-   -   Which Grinder to Buy?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/camp-cooking-game-processing/123767-grinder-buy.html)

scshep2002 12-05-2005 08:18 AM

Which Grinder to Buy??

I am going to purchase my 1st grinder to start doing the burger meat myself and would love to have a cuber attachment and also to make my own sausage.Which grinder is best for me? I will be doing about 2-4 deer a year and maybe some sausage throughout the year. Anyhelp here owuld be greatly appreciated!!! I am tired of paying the high price for buthering deer these days.

Thanks

Tree climber 12-05-2005 10:57 AM

RE: Which Grinder to Buy??

I am tired of paying the high price for buthering deer these days.
same here.
I looked at the Bass-pro catalog and they had three grinders.I got the middle one, 3/4 hp. it was like $300.00 to $359.00 give or take a few $$$. I have had it three years now and has well over paided for itself several times.
it has all the sasuage attachments to go with ti.

I do several deer and hogs a year ,(deer 10 to 12 ::Hogs 6 to 8 ) and it has been great.

thats just the one I got,it is a LEM meat grinder with attachments.

scshep2002 12-05-2005 01:31 PM

I live 10 minutes the orlando Bass pro and was there yesterday looking at that exact grinder!! I knew I should have bought it lol I think it was the LEM #12?? IF so i am going back this weekend or one night after work to pick it up :) Can you attach a cube attachment to it??

Tree climber 12-06-2005 07:29 AM

it was the LEM #12?? IF so i am going back this weekend or one night after work to pick it up :) Can you attach a cube attachment to it??
that is the same one I have.don't know bout the cubber attatchment.never check on that. I have a big commerical one I use.
as for the grinder it is OK in my book.never had any problems. my wife and I dround little over 100 lbs. of burger a couple weeks ago in only about2 1/2 hrs. thats grinding and putting into the wild game meat bags.I use my sasuage stuffer tube slide the bag uver the tube and grind the burger right into the bags.

we grind 200 to 300 lbs. of burger each year and 400 to 500 lbs of sasuage,and have for the past 3 or 4 years since we got that grinder.so you can see it works great for us.

hate to say it , but since I have bragged on it , it wiil probably break now.[:o][:o][:o][:o]I hope not,but if it does,I have gotten my money out of it already.

scshep2002 12-06-2005 08:00 AM

I dont think it will break now lol But sure nuff does sound like you got your moneys worth out it. Thanks fellas I am going toget me one this weekend!!! Thats the bad thing of living 10 minutes from Bass Pro it is an addictive place!!! lol

Striper Phil 12-08-2005 08:22 AM

If you have a Kitchen Aid mixer just get the grinder attachment it works fine for $50.

footofthehills 12-09-2005 05:23 PM

Hey all,
I decided to butcher my own this year and was wondering if anyone uses the old hand grinders?I can get one for $8 at the salvation army store. I will only be doing 3 deer max per year. Maybe next year get the fancy elctro-one.
Thanks,
Nathan

jerseyhunter 12-10-2005 01:23 PM

Before I got the attatchment for the Kitchen-aid, I used it. Then I got an electric grinder from Cabella's. You have to start somewhere and work your way up, if you don't have enough cash at hand to get an electric from the start. They work, just a little slower going. (hint) get a friend to turn the grinder while you add the meat and fetch the beers.:D;)

Hunter06FlKy 12-18-2005 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: footofthehills

Hey all,
I decided to butcher my own this year and was wondering if anyone uses the old hand grinders?I can get one for $8 at the salvation army store. I will only be doing 3 deer max per year. Maybe next year get the fancy elctro-one.
Thanks,
Nathan
i'm glad i'm not the only one with a hand grinder!!! i haven't had the opportunity to use mine yet.