Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
 Give me your best venison roast recipe.. >

Give me your best venison roast recipe..

Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Give me your best venison roast recipe..

Old 10-10-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Give me your best venison roast recipe..

Alright guys n gals, give me your best venison roast recipes, I have a ton left and need to get rid of it before my deer comes back ina few weeks...
Old 10-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Give me your best venison roast recipe..

Saurbratten- my way

1 2-2 ½ pound Venison Roast, I used the eye of the back leg minus 2 steaks.

Marinade:
1 cup Merlot wine , 1 cup red wine vinegar, ¼ cup pickeling spices (tied incheese cloth),a few dashes of salt and pepper ,1 carrot ,1 celery stalk ,1 small onion,(chopped) All simmered and cooled and poured over meat for 2 days
.Then drain and pat dry, Simmer marinade and strain. Brown meat, add marinade and 1 can chicken broth, and 1 small chopped onion.Simmer on top of stove 3 hrs. Remove meat, and make gravy,
Gravy:
To the Juices and marinade Add 7 ginger snaps (cookies),1 tbs sugar, 1 Tbs flour mixed with 3 ozs cold water, and 1 teaspoon gravy master. ( a browning and flavoring sauce) Makes about 2 cups. Heat till bubbly and serve with,Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Red cabbage and apples, and pumpernickel bread.

Ps. I make my own Merlot so that adds to the uniquness.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:09 PM

take a cast iron dutch oven place on stove topat high heat. when hot add 1 cup oil. take roast and dust with flour . put roast in pot and brown turning regularly. once brown add 2 cups chicken broth ,1 tblsp minced garlic, 1 onion chopped,and water just enough to cover meat , salt and black pepper to taste bring to boil then let simmer with lid on for 2 hours ,add potatoes and carrots let cook till vegies are done . serve potatoes slightly smashed with gravy from roast on them , take carrots and sprinkle sugar lightly on them the contrast in flavers is pleasantly suprising. a little ice tea and a biscuit dang good
Old 10-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Sounds simple .I hope I score this year so I can try it.
Chuck
Old 10-14-2005, 11:07 AM

I just put it in a crockpot with 2 packets of lipton onion soup mix
Old 10-14-2005, 11:09 AM

either that or i cube up the roast.. dip it in flour and brown it up ina frying pan. Then i put it in the crock pot with 1.5 cups eachof burgandy and chablis and then add 2 cups of water. Then i slice up onion, mushrooms, baby carrots, and potatos. I add a touch of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. and then it cook for 6 hours.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl

I have a ton left and need to get rid of it before my deer comes back ina few weeks...
send it to me
Old 10-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ccm352

either that or i cube up the roast.. dip it in flour and brown it up ina frying pan. Then i put it in the crock pot with 1.5 cups eachof burgandy and chablis and then add 2 cups of water. Then i slice up onion, mushrooms, baby carrots, and potatos. I add a touch of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. and then it cook for 6 hours.
That's called STEW
Old 10-24-2005, 02:43 PM

yes it is.. but thats what i do with a roast!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Inject with Tony Chachere's Creole Butter , rub the outside with a dry rub , then slow roast at 300 with vegetables of choice until done enough for my wife. I like it a little pink in the middle , she likes shoe leather , we settle for medium .

Quick Reply: Give me your best venison roast recipe..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.