Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats your choice of safety harness? >

Whats your choice of safety harness?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats your choice of safety harness?

Old 05-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whats your choice of safety harness?

Ok I have not used a safety belt in years. I know BAD, but they were to confusing and complete hell to untangle and feed through. But now with all the new complete harnesses available and a wife and 2 kids later I feel it's the time to watch out a little more.

So what from your experiences or knowledge are the easiest and quickest but still the safetest belts available? I was looking at the Hunter safety system with the full vest. Any help please?
Old 05-09-2005, 09:12 PM

Default RE: Whats your choice of safety harness?

I use the Seat-O-The Pants harness that I got when I bought my Viper XLS. I tested it out and it works well. Some people like the vests because they don't get tangle, but I save the money and fold it up.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:51 PM

I know it is not smart at all, but I have never used one, I think I will start, so i will be watching this post for some ideas.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Fork Horn

I fell 21ft. when my belt type restraint failed and was lucky enough to walk away with a few bruises. After that I switched to the "seat of the pants" and loved it. I got a Hunter Safty System for Christmas last yeat and so far it seams to be pretty good.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Typical Buck

This will be interesting as I just went from a 4 point chest to a full body harness. I'd like to see what everybody is using and likes.

I've heard some good things about the seat o the pants one.

When converting, I first bought an API full body but returned it b/c the lineman's belt did not detach like the photos showed and it seemed like it would get in the way and/or tangle while on stand. So I returned it for another one. I can't remember which one I ended up with b/c I haven't been home to look at it yet or test it.

Soooo, what's everybody using???
Old 05-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summits Seat O the pants is my favorite. I use the fastback system. This helps keep the harness from becoming tangled in your pack. It's very comfortable and works well.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:26 AM

I use a seats o the pants harness, and about a year ago (maybe longer) on this message board, someone posted a link to a rope system that allowed a hunter to always be connected to the tree, kind of like a mountain climber rig. It is very easy to setup, and inexpensive too. I use permanent stands, so the I put the rope up each season, and it is good to go. I feel very secure climbing into the stand, and the way it is setup, it doesn't get in the way of my bow.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

seat of the pants. fell 25 ft...LUCKY to walk away with only a few broken ribs, a concussion, a broken wrist, seperated shoulders, and internal bleeding...yikes
Old 05-10-2005, 07:52 AM

We use the chest harnesses, never fallen with one, so I can't exactly say how well they work. I also know that some treestand mfr. are including harnesses with their stands. Gorilla for sure, I ended up with four full body style harnesses last summer. I am going to modify a cheap vest by sewing one into it. the vest would only serve to keep the dang thing easy to put on! Just an idea.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I may be mistaken, but I believe it's not a requirement by law that all manufactureres includes harnesses with their stands. If not, then most of them are doing it to avoid being held liable when someone falls out of a tree and hurts themself while using their product.

Personally I've always just used some cheapo harness that came with a stand I got awhile back, but I'm really thinking about switching over to the Hunter's Safety System this year. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Quick Reply: Whats your choice of safety harness?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.