Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you have ever seen a Whitetail buck in the wild that you think scores over 200 post here. >

If you have ever seen a Whitetail buck in the wild that you think scores over 200 post here.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you have ever seen a Whitetail buck in the wild that you think scores over 200 post here.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default If you have ever seen a Whitetail buck in the wild that you think scores over 200 post here.

I have only seen 2! One is a non-typical that goes over 300 gross. The other one is a typical that goes about 205 gross but that was last year! Same with the non-typical! Hopefully they both live and my dad or I will get one of them next year. By the way both of them are on our property and we don't know if there are any other bucks that will score that high untill we scout and see them or hunt and see them. We also have a few other bucks that score over 130 last year!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you have ever seen a Whitetail buck in the wild that you think scores over 200 post here.

LOL.... put down the crack pipe!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: If you have ever seen a Whitetail buck in the wild that you think scores over 200 post here.

Once I get trail camera pictures of these two bucks I will send them to you IL cornfed.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:31 PM

Had one at 15 yards broadside. Grossed over 220. Net about 210.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen mounts of 200 class bucks close up and they are something to behold. I have never seen anything close to that living in PA. I saw a buck that was every bit of 170 typical a number of years ago, but that was the best I've seen.

As far as seeing 2 200+ bucks in a year and one over 300 my first instinct is to throw the BS flag, but who knows. Deer Destroyer, if you get some pics of those bad boys I'd love to see them. It's rare to see a buck over 300. Where do you live anyway?
Old 05-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have saw 2 non typicals that I believe would have went greater than 200".

Neither were while hunting, but rather both on two seperate government properties that are closed to hunting!

I was luckly able to watch one of them for a couple minutes or so while the other split as soon as he saw my truck.

I also had one pushing 200 gross inches taken a farm or two over from one of the farms I hunt this past fall. I posted about this buck before last december or so. It was taken the last day of October.

I had watched him quite a few times in the bean feild of the farm I hunt. Here is a pic. To the best of my knowledge it was his first bow kill[]

Old 05-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

sober up and get off them pills!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:34 PM

I think I remember a similar story last year.

From deerdestroyer; 3/8/2004
" That big buck I have been talking about is real!!! One time my dad and I were hunting. I was with him and he actually shot him and we tracked him and the blood trail ran out. We gave up and a week later my dad shot a 8-point buck (with a split brow-tine) and while he was tracking him, my dad jumped up the monster buck and he knew it was the same buck because we know what the rack looked like by heart. By the way my dad found the 8-point buck. We also have a couple bucks that would score over 150. We also have 2 bucks that would score over or about 200. One we think is a typical. We are not going to sell any of the deer. We also hunt where there is no fences around (no lie). I do not like people making fun of a monster buck that scores about or over 300 when they have never seen him with their own eyes like my dad and I have!"
Old 05-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ShadowAce

I think I remember a similar story last year.
Yes, I believe it is the same.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:54 AM

I'm patiently waiting, still. You talk a good story DD but I want to see pics and exact gps coordinates to where the animal was last seen.

I can honestly say I've never seen a wild deer that scores close to 200". The biggest I've ever seen in the wild was huge. I can't tell you how huge because he wasn't sticking around. I stalked within 50 yards of him in about a half foot of fresh snow. I hadn't seen him yet but felt I was getting close as his tracks started to wander as though he was looking for a bedding spot. Turns out he chose well. He passed a doe and bedded 20-25 yards beyond her. As I got close she bolted across infront of me and as she was bounding up a little ridge to my right I heard a crash and the biggest buck I've ever seen taking two bounds before disappearing from my life forever. I tracked that animal better then two miles that day but once he knew I was behind him it was all over. Twice after that he looped on me and walked in my foot prints in the snow. That smart old buck just plain schooled me.

Quick Reply: If you have ever seen a Whitetail buck in the wild that you think scores over 200 post here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.