HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Nikon Prostaff 440 or Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout Rangefinder? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/99121-nikon-prostaff-440-bushnell-yardage-pro-scout-rangefinder.html)

Xtec Shooter 05-02-2005 07:08 AM

Nikon Prostaff 440 or Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout Rangefinder?

Sorry if this is off topic, but most guys are in this forum.

I'm looking at getting one of these and would just like to find some comments on both and what is better. I'm going to be using it for mainly bowhunting. I have one, but it needs upgrading.

Thanks.

SA Techie 05-02-2005 01:53 PM

RE: Nikon Prostaff 440 or Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout Rangefinder?

I ended up buying the Scout. It just felt better to me, its smaller and I like the rubber feel it has. As far as rangefinders go I dont think there is much difference. They will both tell you how far the target is away from you. The Nikon will tell you in half yards, altho I dont believe any bowhunter would have use for a half yard. The only other major difference I would consider looking at is the magnification which is 6X on the Scout and 8X on the Nikon. Ive used both and still prefer the Scout.
Hope this helps.

Deerslayer_37 05-02-2005 09:13 PM

Nikon Laser 440. I own it, haven't been disappointed.

slayer

Xtec Shooter 05-03-2005 06:01 AM

Thanks for the info guys!

Bird Hunt Dog 05-03-2005 06:31 AM

I like mine!

micdundee 05-03-2005 07:38 AM

I use the yardage pro scout. I haven't had any problems with it at all.

BowHuntingFool 05-03-2005 11:33 AM

I have the Nikon 440 and I like it. The magnification(8x) might be a bit much at times but I pre-range my shooting lanes! I would check out both outdoors before you purchase one. JMO, good luck!

Lefty26 05-03-2005 01:05 PM

I purchased the Scout last summer, and loved it, was great for hunting. With that said, I took it out this spring to start shooting and it seems to have crapped out, tried new batteries thing still isnt working. Getting ready to send it back and see how good their customer service is, hopefully they take care of it quickly for me. I will keep ya posted.

Scott_Everts 05-06-2005 06:04 AM

I ended up with the Nikon. I used it all last season and love it! It has very clear optics, very accurate even in the rain / fog.

Scott