Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back >

Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back

Old 04-23-2005, 09:20 AM

Default RE: Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back

BS BS BS its not written by a hunter, it is just another peta is tring to bring us down. of course any newspaper is going to run an article that craps on bowhunting that was written by a hunter, and peta knows that. we just have to stick together and stand united. I also know that none of us what bowhunting banned but when we have many many posts about wounded deer even a post in this topic talks about bowhunters wounding deer that doesn't help us. maybe if more guys worried about the shot then they do worring about how good they look we might be better off.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:34 AM

Why do I always have to read about this stuff?

For once I would like to meet one of these people in person.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

give me a break

Old 04-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm gonna sit down and write a letter Monday to the editor about this ,but guy's your absolutely right this guy isn't a hunter that's for sure or he wouldn't be bad mouthing in the way he is .I've seen hunter's with rifle's absolutely shoot numerous bullet's into thier animal without caring where they've hit it .I think one hunter told me keep shooting until it's down ,isn't this a fine attitude to have while hunting .This just goes to show the respect these kind of guy's have .I believe this guy is just ticked because bowhunter's have more time in the wood's than those of hunting with thier rifle's .The editor should have asked for his proof in pic's of the deer this clown is talking about . Or just maybe this guy isn't able to shoot a bow with any consistancy or couldn't hit the broadside of a barn door with a bow ,who know's what his reason's are ? maybe I'm wrong but I'll bet I'm close .

nubo
Old 04-23-2005, 08:08 PM

I feel he's a fake or a real misinformed hunter i tried to send a letter off and being so illiterate
when it comes to computers i got fustrated with not undestanding the popup3 hhtp or what ever
stuff because i don't know the info they wanted any help would be appreciated. then i'll send my remarks again.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with all, he is obviously not a hunter
Old 04-24-2005, 07:11 AM

Hunter?maybe??????
It sounds like some bow hunter stepped on his hunting grounds & messed up his hunting.
I know a lot of gun only hunters that dislike or even down right hate bow hunters because we get 1st chance at the deer & they think that there way is the only way to hunt!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see my earlier post on this thread was deleted.

It's too bad. This isn't a subject to be taken lightly!
Old 04-24-2005, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: ewolf

I know many hunters that feel this way. I don't find it that unusual. To be totally honest, they are right. Percentage wise, I think they are right. More deer are wounded with archery equipment. I don't think it is the equipment, its this I don't have to practice attitude that goes around. I can pick up my gun without shooting it for 3 years, and kill a deer at 200 yards (everytime). I know many archers that say this, and IMO they are dead wrong. You dump these people off the stats, and we are even if not better stats than gun hunters.

I will say this too... I would venture to guess that 80+% of wounded archery animals, come from 20% of archery hunters. I know of 3 guys that have wounded at least 1 deer every year for 20. Last year they wounded 7 deer between the 3 of them. All the other hunters I know on a good basis (Talk to often), I remember out of the 20 or so of them 2 wounded deer. I think the problem is in a small percentage of bow hunters.

Just the way I see it.

GOOD POST Ewolf I think you said a lot of true things
Old 04-25-2005, 07:08 AM

If deer must be killed, then please do it humanely. I have seen pictures of deer walking around with arrows in them and have read many articles relating the suffering other animals go through when impaled with an arrow. It simply is not necessary.
I agree, let a coyote chew on their leg or let them starve or better yet, let then jump throught the windsheid of your car, yes you Mr. Thornton and proceed to kick you to death while attempting to flee. Poor fuzzy little deer.

Until that time I'll be placing razor sharp broad heads into the boiler room of your fuzzy little friends. Deflating their lungs and causing mass hemorrhaging that leads to a quick humane death.

Did I mention how good venison is with potatos?

Quick Reply: Fellow Hunter Stabs Us In The Back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.