Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 DEVASTATING news for IL!!! >

DEVASTATING news for IL!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DEVASTATING news for IL!!!

Old 04-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default DEVASTATING news for IL!!!

This is TODAYS update straight fomr the IBS!!! [:-] [:@]

The full senate passed bill SB1726 (unanimously 55-0) in its original form. That wording said "no limits on resident or non-resident archery deer hunting permits).

Goodbye two buck limit.

Goodbye NR one-buck limit.

Goodbye IL deer herd.

Goodbye DNR control of deer management programs... the legislature will take care of that now (along with the ILFB).

There were amendments filed on this bill, but none were acted upon, and the original bill got approved. One amendment would have placed the 2005 NR cap at 20,000... then every year afterwards it would be adjusted upwards to match the demand from the previous year.

We now have two bills that have passed one legislative section, and is awaiting final approval from the other.

Rep. Reitz says that he has enough house support to approve SB1726 that removes ALL limits.

FYI... Brunsvold told Reitz and Seiben that the bowhunters approved raising the fees and the cap to 20,000... that's why HB1074 flew through so fast...

Quality deer hunting here has just been killed in the name of the almighty dollar!!! [&:]
Old 04-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: DEVASTATING news for IL!!!

RUN WHITETAILS....RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Swim the river, I have a nice little spot for you to live over here in IA!!!
Old 04-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Sure $$$ helped them vote,
But was the measure also influenced by the need to do something about CWD?
Old 04-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a link to the full text of the above bill... full text

I didn't read anything about unlimited bucks though. The text references a legal limit. I think the only thing this bill does is open non-resident tag sales to the same rate that are already in place for resident archery - or in other words unlimited archery/firearm tags but still with a 2 buck per season limit regardless of weapon.

26 It shall be unlawful for any person, having taken the legal
27 limit of deer by gun, to further participate with gun in any
28 deer hunting party.
29 It shall be unlawful for any person, having taken the legal
30 limit of deer by bow and arrow, to further participate with bow
31 and arrow in any deer hunting party.
32 The Department may prohibit upland game hunting during the
33 gun deer season by administrative rule.
34 The Department shall not limit the number of resident or
35 non-resident archery deer hunting permits.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Terasec

But was the measure also influenced by the need to do something about CWD?
I would think if CWD were the issue that the DNR would have pushed for the changes. This sounds like the legislators are selling out to outfitters who want to bring in more clients and also want more liberal bag limits. It's a shame to see it happen. IL really has something special in the way of trophy hunting and I hope these changes don't negatively impact that.

****edit****
This is percisely why HNI has added a legislative alert form. If you know of pending legislation don't hold back. Post it so other hunters can be informed and have an opportunity to be heard before these things come to vote. I don't know the specifics but this may be another example of hunters taking for granted what has always been and doing nothing to stand up for our sport.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:36 PM

If CWD had anythign to do with this they would not have eliminated check stations as well. This is money, pure and simple.. Well, maybe not pure..
Old 04-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone know for-sure if this is a done deal or just another bill that hasn't passed yet? This is frustrating just waiting!
Old 04-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's terrible!!!!!! I feel for you guys in Illinios. Just terrible!!!!!!!!

I'm getting sick and tired of politicians moving into the hunting community greed of power and $$$. No room for those type of individuals. Let the State DNR do their job. Illinios isn't the first state to start getting the short end of the stick. In the past 2 years theres been a movement of acts like this. If the midwest wants to keep the good hunting, then the midwest needs to stand up against it as a whole community.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:17 PM

hmmmmmmm

Many states have unlimited non-resident tags and their deer herds and season lenghts/limits are fine

Whats so special about IL ?
Old 04-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

its all about the money....thats it..nothin else to it. hopefully it only lasts for this year then they realize what a big mistake they are making. if not we are in for a world of hurt.[:@]

Quick Reply: DEVASTATING news for IL!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.