Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Video cameras... which ones? >

Video cameras... which ones?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Video cameras... which ones?

Old 04-21-2005, 04:42 PM

Default RE: Video cameras... which ones?

With the small amount of research I did last night and today, here are two I have come up with as possibilities. With an edge going to the Sony.

http://www.buyersedge.com/Product/pr...Z_PageView_Y_2

http://www.buyersedge.com/Product/pr...Z_PageView_Y_2
Old 04-21-2005, 08:32 PM

CW as I said I am a Sony fan but I am not a fan of the HC1000. A friend bought that camera and was not happy with it. I would go to B & H Photo's web site and check some of the camera's their and look for a review. If I were going to buy a new camera today it would be the Sony VX2100. If you bring that camera up on B&H and click on the more info bar you can get all the specs. Also do a search on reviews. There are some very good ones out there. I have handles the HC1000 and I would not buy it. Also I buy most of my camera equipment from B&H photo.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:37 PM

Hey dont forget about ebay you can find excellent deals there as well! We are looking at one that like this, our requirements are that it can film at 16x9 aspect ratio and have high def recording capabilites. you can find one like this at around 2000-2500 dollars.

Sample
Old 04-21-2005, 08:49 PM

Manboy I now understand what you were talking about in regards to pixels. You said your camera had XXX amount of pixels. That is regarding the CCD in your camera. From what you have said I believe your camera has one CCD. Now if your camera had 3 CCD's each would have the same amount of pixels per each CCD and would dedicate one CCD to a different colors on the RGB scale. So this would give you a much higher quality capture on video. I apologize for the mistake.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:57 PM

next question.

specifications say:

" Lens Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* Lens
5.1 - 51mm /f 1.8 ~ 2.9

Filter Size 30mm

Does this have a 51 mm lens? and what does a filter size mean?
Old 04-21-2005, 09:58 PM

another has:

Lens
Leica Dicomar Lens
3.3-39.6.5mm f/1.6

Filter Size 43mm

Is this better or worse?
Old 04-24-2005, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

What do you plan to spend?

If I were you, I would get the most professional Camera for my money. The Canon GL series being the GL1 and the GL2 is the best buy at around 2 grand with all the accessories, Polarized filters and ect.

This Camera is used in tons of hunting videos and the quality is awesome.
You can get the newer versions of the Camera in the XL series being the XL1 and XL2 but the GL's are still widely used today and can still be purchased new. They also have the capability of being used with an additional lens, Like the type that hooks to the brim of your hat or a "Helmet Cam" that way you can capture what ever your looking at or that direction.

I don't know your budget but I would bet that if you purchased the Canon GL or XL series you would be right up there with some of the best at Filming Quality.

If you are looking for something cheaper...... Go with the Sony line of Handi-Cams.

Just my opinion of course.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:44 PM

I'd like to stay somewhere around $1000, and that is stretching it a little. but, I know I should atleast spend in that arena to get a good one. Two thousand is just a little much for me.