Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I do believe I found a new hunting release!? >

I do believe I found a new hunting release!?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I do believe I found a new hunting release!?

Old 04-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default I do believe I found a new hunting release!?

After quite a few seasons and thousands upon thousands of shots I actually think I found a replacement for my good ol' Scott Rhino release........[:-]
While attending a 3D shoot this past weekend a guy in my club had a release sitting unopened in a package that I recognized but never really took a good look at, I got to looking at it more closely and he said " It's for sale, I can't shoot it because of a problem with my hand"
What's the release you ask? I'm getting there relax.

Sooooooo.........Here was my chance to see what it was all about. I am a 3D shooter and shoot all the time, all the time with a thumb trigger T-handle style release. I am so much more accurate with a T handle release shooting back tension that I have always WANTED to hunt with it but never trusted it because of the location of the trigger, the sensitivity of the trigger and the noise of the double sear going off with it's loud CLICK!
So I continued to just keep shooting my index release as best as I could with back tension, but man it really is hard to keep from just squeezing that trigger and the difference in accuracy between the 2 styles just never really sat well with me. Nothing terrible but just not equal to my hand held releases.

Not anymore.

I took the release my fellow club member was selling with the intention of trying it out, and after 11 straight X's on the very first 3D course with it I couldn't get back fast enough to give him the money![:-]
I can shoot it with perfect back tension as accurately as my thumb trigger models, no fear of it snagging on a face mask and going off, can't drop it, no loud noise, nothing.

I can take all that off season practice and just slide right into hunting season now seamlessly. You thumb trigger guys in the same boat, hunting with a different release need to give it a try.
Also ANY average index release shooter who already shoots a string loop IMO would benefit greatly from this release design due to it's absolute ease of shooting with back tension.....it's hard to punch due to the design, location of trigger within the hand and forces applied while anchored, MUCH harder to punch than any index release I've ever shot.
I don’t think I’ve heard of ANYONE on here shooting this release?

You just anchor, apply pressure to the trigger and pull through the shot like you would any other hand held design, the design takes care of the rest.......BAM! surprise release and terrific accuracy. I'm happy as a clam right now.

Ok enough already, here it is:
Copper John "Eagle" 4 finger "swept"

The design is super simple, single sear, easy to hook up (must use a string loop) and best of all EASY to shoot with back tension, and you can shoot it QUICKLY if need be WITH back tension. You don’t draw using the strap, the strap just keeps you from dropping the release. IF you draw WITH the strap and pull against it instead of the release itself you wind up fighting proper back tension. Just shoot it like any other T-Handle style.
Just thought I’d share a little “discovery” from this past weekend! It’s good stuff. Any questions about it just let me know.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:35 PM

Default RE: I do believe I found a new hunting release!?

Yes, I was thinking about picking that release up for when I start hunting next season. I've been shooting a carter thumb trigger and really hate going back to my index trigger for hunting season. I would use it during hunting season and apply the same shot as I do for 3-d but I don't trust myself with the open hook in the heat of the moment of a hunting situation. I'll definately give it a try.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:35 PM

I had one of those and they are dangerous. I busted my face drawing it back. I had to get surgery to repair the nerves. The surgery was unsuccessful; I cannot feel my face. You should send me that release to test. I could see if it is as faulty as the last. If it goes off then I won't feel it. Let me know!
Old 04-11-2005, 07:48 PM

Matt:

Yes, I have tried it and like it a lot. If you like that one, you should try its 'big brother', the Stan 4 finger with the double sear. Wow, what a sweet shooter. And, from what I remember, you can shoot either w/o a string loop. That little hole just across from the jaw is for a rope.

The only reason that I still like the Rhino, which I think you introduced to me, is because I can load it without looking down or in complete darkness. When shooting out of a blind, where it is very dark inside, I find this quality to be very beneficial. Of course, this benefit holds true with any of the 'loop hook' releases.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

That little hole just across from the jaw is for a rope.
Hey look at that....
Ok you don't need a string loop, but you would need release rope.

I looked at the "Double Eagle" CJ , is this the same as the Stan double sear model? It IS a sweet shooter, but it just feels like a monstrosity in my hand. It's a big release.

Yeah it was me who got you onto the Rhino.....and what you mentioned about the loading is the ONLY sticking point in favor of the Rhino Vs. this style for my tastes.
I still like it as much as I am EVER going to like an index release, but I love the T handle designs.
I think this Eagle release would be great for teaching someone what back tension shooting WITH a trigger should feel like.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is timely. I was looking at some tonight but couldn't decide on one. This post would've only been better if it would've been posted last night.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:34 PM

Yup, it's the Double Eagle. I tried one about a year ago and liked it a lot. I've shot many different 'tournament' styles, but this one peaked my interest.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:38 PM

If you read the directions it says to use the strap to draw......

I have a hard time drawing with it in my hand without going off.......Plus holding my middle finger up makes folks around me mad..........
Old 04-12-2005, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the regular Eagle by CJ (<first one they came out with) and I love using that one for 3d. The only reason I haven't tried it for hunting yet is the loud "click" I get at release. The hook snaps back far eneough to make a VERY noticeable click at the shot.
How do the new 4fingers sound?
Old 04-12-2005, 04:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: I do believe I found a new hunting release!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.