Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anyone care about accuracy? >

Does anyone care about accuracy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone care about accuracy?

Old 04-10-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Does anyone care about accuracy?

Does anyone care about accuracy anymore? Everything is speed this, speed that. Reflex risers(reason for post), short ATA lengths, Fast arrows(Which are less accurate), low point weight (85 gr. broadheads). Every bow I buy is the most accurate in the line. IMO accuracy has taken a back seat to speed and style/looks. Anyone else think this is the case?
Old 04-10-2005, 06:49 PM

Default RE: Does anyone care about accuracy?

I would have to disagree. The bow I shoot is quick but it is also very forgiving.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:57 PM

ewolf - I think the bows being made are much better than the guys who shoot them. Accuracy isn't being held back by speed or radical risers, shorts ATA's, high brace heights etc etc
Old 04-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO Practice has taken a back seat to everything........

Short and Fast does not necessarily equate to NOT accurate any more than "Forgiving" and slower means MORE accurate.

Maybe for the average to below average archer, more consideration should be given to the shooting platform than numbers and raw performance, but for the above average hunter and year round archer, it really doesn't matter much.

Practice is the key, and IMO is what's taken too lightly.

Most guys want to shoot just well enough to be relatively sure they have a better than average chance of not blowing it come hunting season, should this person necessarily run out and buy a 40" ATA 9" brace height deflexed riser bow for hunting because it is regarded as naturally more inherently accurate?Of course not.
Buy the bow that feels good to you mentally and physically and shoot the crap out of it.

I just got a nice first hand illustration of this stuff this weekend while attending large 3d fun shoot, while having lots of fun (which was the intended purpose) the number of older, slower more "forgiving" designs flinging arrows all over the county, killing trees left and right was downright frightening.[:-]
I would be willing to bet this may be the only time many of these guys pick up the bow again until maybe September......but I don't want to steer this toward a "how much accuracy is necessary" thread. Let's just say that Deflex wasn't helping a good many shooters this weekend one tiny bit.

What is often overlooked with todays performance boosts is the fact that you don't HAVE TO shoot 75gr broadheads 320fps, where's the law that says if your bow CAN do it that you MUST do it!?.
Use todays performance however it makes you feel comfy, fuzzy and warm inside.......shoot fast and flat with lighter arrows, or take the same bow and shoot Lincoln logs at more moderate speed and take advantage of the added performance that it will toss those out there.

Whatever you choose, simply settle on SOMETHING and know what it can do for you, and what you can do with it, period.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:04 PM

This is not true in all cases. I happen to have one of the fastest bows I've owned to date but have not given up any accuracy as a result. I have never really cared about speed as long as the bow was quiet and accurate. Well I decided to try a fast bow this year and bought a Bowtech Allegiance which is my first Bowtech. It is not only by far the fastest bow I've owned but shoot it possibly better than previous bows and it is super quiet and no noticable recoil. I think that people are just realizing with todays bows and equipment you can have your cake and eat it too with speed,accuracy,and shootability all wrapped up into one package.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:04 PM

Does anyone care about accuracy anymore?
I sure as heck do

Fast arrows(Which are less accurate)
Gonna haveto explain that a little more..........

low point weight (85 gr. broadheads)
I prefer 75 grns.....................................85 is a bit bulky for me

Every bow I buy is the most accurate in the line.
Me too..............99% of it is the loose screw behind the peep.................................

Just because its the most accurate for you does not mean others can take a bow you deem as "inacurate" and flat out toast you with it[]

P.S.

Deflex is for sissies[][8D]
Old 04-10-2005, 08:22 PM

quote:

Fast arrows(Which are less accurate)

Gonna haveto explain that a little more ..........
Glad to see ya back Rack. Heavy arrows (Considering they are spined perfect) will always be more accurate than lighter shafts. Yeap, I said always. This is coming from test that easton did during the early part of 1998. I will have to find the information, I know I have it somewhere. The same thing with point weight. The more point weight the more accurate, until the point weight hit something like 250 grains on a 450 grain arrow.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:33 PM

Heavy arrows (Considering they are spined perfect) will always be more accurate than lighter shafts. Yeap, I said always
You didn't say heavy vs light.....you said fast is less accurate..................
Old 04-10-2005, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack

Heavy arrows (Considering they are spined perfect) will always be more accurate than lighter shafts. Yeap, I said always
You didn't say heavy vs light.....you said fast is less accurate..................
I was taking that as out of the same bow.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some great points have been brought up. I personally don't see this decline in accuracy at all. In fact I challenge ANY of you to remember how well you and most of the folks that you know shot a bow 10 or 15 years ago. The fact of the matter is, with the vast majority of folks I know, everyone shoots considerably better these days.

Quick Reply: Does anyone care about accuracy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.