Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Maps

Old 04-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Default New Maps

I posted this in the Off Season but figure there are a lot of folks here that would like to see it. It's a pretty quick little deal for finding things and checking out your woods. There are some areas in the country they don't have a full zoom to, but there are a lot you would think they don't and do. It's slicker than sliced bread. Check it out.

http://maps.google.com Type in an address and hit search to see a street map. Then click on Satellite on the upper right hand side of your screen for an aerial view. You can use the Zoom bar on the left side of the screen to get in closer. The best feature may be the ability to continuously pan from one place to another. You can zoom right in to see buildings etc. You can pan forever across the earths surface. You can also flip back and forth between map and Satellite.

You can zoom right in and see your house and everything. You can also just type in the name of a town and the state and it'll take you there. Really kind of cool and fast.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New Maps

Old 04-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks David. Very cool. I found where I hunted last year and it was neat to see it from the satellite.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Some areas I searched for appear better than others. It depends on the angle of the camera at the time.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:12 PM

thanks for the site. I found my spot easily. It wasnt as clear as another site i used but had some useful features.
Another free site that i use is terraserver.microsoft.com
Old 04-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Seems like the terraserver aerial was a hair closer but the google site was much clearer. At least the aerials of my spot.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

I have to say Thanks!! Both sites were great!!
Old 04-09-2005, 10:01 AM

Nice site. For other info check out www.wildoutdoorsman.com.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:50 PM

ill give u one its called globexplorer.com and it is aerial photos the only bad part is the pictures are watermarked
Old 04-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks dave but they are old arial pics its showing my house with a white roof I changed that roof 3 years ago

Quick Reply: New Maps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.