HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What treestand (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/96112-what-treestand.html)

wesbowhunt 04-01-2005 07:57 PM

What treestand

I have around 250 to spend on a climber treestand. i like summit and api. which do you reccommend. any better brands out there? thx wes

wesbowhunt 04-01-2005 07:59 PM

RE: What treestand

i forgot to say this stand will be used for bowhunting only. thx wes

kodiak41226 04-01-2005 10:05 PM

I currently use a API Bowhunter and it is fine. However, next year I think that I'm going to look at a Summit. The seats on the Summit are mucho comfortable; The API is pretty comfortable, but it makes me sit up a little to straight.

Having fun now 04-04-2005 07:17 AM

From personal experience, i think the Summit stands are hard to beat. They also have excellent customer service if you need to order any accessories or if you have a problem with a stand. I once thought i had a crack in a weld on one of my stands and called to see if i could ship it back for inspection. Summit sent me a new bottom for my stand and a return label to send the stand back while shipping company was standing there. I honestly couldn't tell if it was a crack in the weld or just a paint crack, they said not to use it a shipped me a new one, no questions asked. It don't get much better than that.
Also the stands are comfortable enough for me to sit all day. I have the Viper model. I haven't tried the new fold down models yet. Very quiet and easy to get on and off the tree.

Justin 04-04-2005 07:30 AM

www.lonewolfstands.com

Learn it, Live it, Love it.

KONK 04-04-2005 08:53 AM

You might want to check out the new Summit Backpacker ( I think that is what it is called) Folds up flat for packing and looks to be as comfortable as the other Summit stands. I am going to check them out this weekend at the Wisconsin Deer and Turkey Expo. ;)

hunter9022 04-04-2005 08:56 AM

I really like my API Bowhunter, but lately i havnt been able to find them anywhere. I havnt tried summit though, i here they are also really nice.

KONK 04-04-2005 08:57 AM

I should also mention that I have a Lone Wolf Alpha climber and like like this stand alot, but at $300 plus may be out of your price range. I am going to look at the Summit Backpacker for my son.

flat feet 04-04-2005 09:13 AM

I have a Summit Cobra XL, and love it. Can sit all day no problems. For me the lone wolf is light but dose'nt look as comfortable, and too rich for me. My buddy ownes a API and a Summit. The only time the API gets used is when his son hunts with him. He said when the shrink wrap cracks the chain will drag the back of the tree when climbing. Try allot of them and remember how much time you will spend in it, and what you need out of it. Good Luck

nubo 04-04-2005 09:17 AM

I just bought the Summit ViperX4 ,and it's quite understandable why these stand's are among the best .They are quality biult and easy to use and comfort is top notch.

nubo