Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 More hog pics....please >

More hog pics....please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More hog pics....please

Old 03-30-2005, 10:05 AM

Default RE: More hog pics....please

This year I am getting some chest waiders. I do have a canoe too, could you imagine try to come to full draw in a canoe on a Hog. Maine you gave me somthing to try. I know I will end up wet, before, after, or during the shot.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:41 AM

So, maybe you and I should design and market a life jacket for bows. At least if you fall in, you won't lose your bow.

Any more pics??

Kev
Old 03-31-2005, 02:48 PM

RAZORBACK74 - Now that's a HAWG!

Don
Old 03-31-2005, 06:42 PM

THIS WAS A HOG I TOOK THIS PAST DECEMBER IN OKLAHOMA AT BLACKMOUNTAINEXOTICS
Old 04-04-2005, 07:21 PM

My son and I were in Texas in February and shot a few small ones.......

Old 04-04-2005, 07:22 PM

My son

Old 04-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I posted these once, Ill throw them out agian. Here are this years hogs. I shot 4 others early in the year but didnt take a pic.

These two, I shot a week ago. I needed one for a campout, so I took out the old 300 wby, to insure I bring one home. So these were not bow shot, but still shot.

Here are a couple of buddies of mine getting ready to eat the white one.

And here is what their heads look like naked
Old 04-05-2005, 07:38 AM

Burnie how much was that skull mount? it looks awesome. If you did it please give me directions!
Old 04-05-2005, 07:59 AM

These pictures are great folks!!!

PLEASE, keep them coming! It's getting me jacked for my July hunt.

Alwyshntn,

What is that bow you're shooting??
Old 04-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: flat feet

Burnie how much was that skull mount? it looks awesome. If you did it please give me directions!
It only cost as much as a box of baking soda, 6 bottles of hydrogen peroxide, and time. It is real easy.

First flesh out the head, don't worry about getting everything, just the big chunks, eyes, tong, etc. Boil the skull like a soap bone, in water with backing soda. Don't bring to a hard boil, rather simmer it. Take it out every now and then to pull off more meat and take it to a garden hose and spray out the brains (You will have to do this a couple of times), also, be careful not to break any of the small bones around the eyes, nose or back of skull. The nose cartilage will pull right out when it is ready to come out. Once you got most of the meat off (don't worry about the little bits of tendon and nerves you see around the occipital foramen and occipital condyles (hole where the spine goes in and the two bumps beside it), or little pieces of brain in the skull, it will all come out in the next step. After doing all this, pour out your water and clean the caldron you were using to boil it with, then fill it with about 6 bottles of 3% hydrogen peroxide and top it off with water (you can also soak it in 40 % peroxide solution with out simmering it, its just a little harder to find. but works faster and better). Simmer in the peroxide solution until the bones are bleached to you liking. Once done, rinse it off and let dry.

be careful when dumping water, teeth will fall out of the skull. Don't lose them so you can glue them back in with super glue. It also looks great done to deer. Here is a deer I did.

Good luck

Quick Reply: More hog pics....please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.